The Student Room Group

What non-CEO jobs could command £750k per annum?

Is it possible to earn £750k per annum (60k per month, 15k per week) as a mere employee of a blue chip company?

Scroll to see replies

"Professional" Footballer.
Maybe if you sell yourself on the side...
Original post by DiddyDec
"Professional" Footballer.

What about working for a tech/banking company?
Yes, Apple. When a company makes $18bn a quarter...
Reply 5
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Is it possible to earn £750k per annum (60k per month, 15k per week) as a mere employee of a blue chip company?

Drug dealer
Reply 6
I'm sure a lot of surgeons and high-end dentists can earn that much.

But generally people who earn that much don't receive it as a wage working for somebody.
Just checked, in the UK the average wage for a CEO is £98k per annum!

LOL, why don't people just design apps instead of playing the rat race.
(edited 9 years ago)
bank robber mastermind guy?

either that or a lottery player who is very lucky.

q 0 _ 0 p
Reply 9
Some companies offer employee stock options. For a tech startup this could equate to a decent sum.

I suppose that's exactly what you're doing?
Reply 11
Just checked, in the UK the average wage for a CEO is £98k per annum!

You're right, it's almost as if it's a surefire way of making a lot of money for minimal effort! I don't know why everyone doesn't do it.
Reply 12
If anywhere then at some hedge fund or private equity firm.
Original post by bnenenen
I'm sure a lot of surgeons and high-end dentists can earn that much.

But generally people who earn that much don't receive it as a wage working for somebody.

I imagine if you were a plastic surgeon in Hollywood you would charge people millions per time.

However, you would still not be an employee, you would own the whole company.
Original post by donutellme
I suppose that's exactly what you're doing?

No, I am not that gifted. :wink:

It would be good though, to create the next Instagram or Twitter. Or even the next Vine or Soundcloud (i.e. secondary platforms that nobody uses anyway).
Partner at an accounting firm maybe?
Pilots and aircraft engineers earn £90k per year on average, and they are the highest earning jobs in the UK.

WTF? It seems being at the "top" in this world still doesn't make it easy to buy penthouses or luxury yachts or anything.

I don't know why people bother tbh.

90k is nowhere near 750k. In fact is 7 times lower.
Reply 17
I imagine if you were a plastic surgeon in Hollywood you would charge people millions per time.

However, you would still not be an employee, you would own the whole company.

Plastic surgeons aren't necessarily self-employed, and I think a lot of highly skilled branches of surgery can get you a lot of money in America.

I know in the UK a maxillofacial surgeon can earn upwards of £300k a year, and they're far from being managerial jobs.
Reply 18
Original post by Killerpenguin15
Partner at an accounting firm maybe?

Yes, partners (i.e. not CEO, and would be similar at other top firms) awarded £722,000 each
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/11095673/PwC-partners-awarded-722000-each-in-highest-pay-out-since-2010.html
(edited 9 years ago)
Pilots and aircraft engineers earn £90k per year on average, and they are the highest earning jobs in the UK.

WTF? It seems being at the "top" in this world still doesn't make it easy to buy penthouses or luxury yachts or anything.

I don't know why people bother tbh.

90k is nowhere near 750k. In fact is 7 times lower.

Lol noob. You don't make millions by working for someone. You employ people and use financial know how to manipulate the market. That and politics / conquest. Workers have never been wealthy. They become middle class.

Quick Reply

Latest