The Student Room Group

Missed many tutorials and lectures. Do I still have a chance at getting a 2.1?

Basically I had a terrible first term due to sleeping problems, homesickness and other health issues. I couldn't prepare for the majority of my tutorials and also missed plenty of lectures. My personal tutor condescendingly suggested I take a year out as "I have no chance of scraping a pass let alone getting a 2.1" but I have decided to ignore her advice. I want to pass all of my modules this year with high marks.

I've resorted to sleeping pills now to cure my insomnia. I'm not a party person at all so I'll be fine with not going out for the rest of the year. (by going out I mean clubbing and stuff like that, I'll still hang out with my buddies sometimes). One of my five modules is a coursework based subject, with two essays comprising the final mark. My first essay was literally written the night before with almost no background knowledge; it was an incomplete piece of writing 500 words below the set limit. Still I got a 52 which I'm happy with because it basically means if I actually make an effort I have a good shot at a 2.1 mark.

Long story short, do I still have a good chance having done so little work in the first term? Not to sound like an arrogant person or anything, but I think I'm very smart and capable of dealing with the workload. I just had issues that prevented me from reaching my potential.

I'm a first year btw
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ratach
Still I got a 52 which I'm happy with because it basically means if I actually make an effort I have a good shot at a 2.1 mark.

Doesn't this answer the question in the title of this thread??
Original post by hellofello
Doesn't this answer the question in the title of this thread??

That is for just one module; I'm asking is it realistic to expect the same for my other four modules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending