The Student Room Group

What colours do you see on this dress?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cole-slaw
No-one gives a **** what colour the dress is in reality, the question is what colour is the dress in the picture. To which the only correct answer is pale blue and dark beige.

Or 'shingle fawn'; or 'muted sepia'; or 'Irish coffee'; or 'Pantone 4495M' or heck, even yellowish brown.

But yes, I made a similar point via Photoshop a couple of pages (and a few hundred further misconceptions) ago.
Original post by Profesh
Or 'shingle fawn'; or 'muted sepia'; or 'Irish coffee'; or 'Pantone 4495M' or heck, even yellowish brown.

But yes, I made a similar point via Photoshop a couple of pages (and a few hundred further misconceptions) ago.

I do find it quite worrying that this is actually something people are arguing over. As far as I can see, there is no trick, every photo I have seen looks identical, and the colours within as demonstrably consistent.
People arguing over this need to seriously reevaluate their lives.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

PRSOM

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

It's a nice little thing, seeing something different to someone else on such a vast scale...but the petty squabbling over it is just overkill.

Although should we really expect anything different on TSR?
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Ok. Half the world are clearly retards because they see a different colour to you.

I on the other hand, moved on almost as soon as I saw the dress while you are still here frothing at the mouth attacking those that see something differently. Carry on anyway, I'm done here.

Coleslaw is referring to the fact that if my brain shows me this:

And your brain shows you this:

Neither language nor technology is capable of expressing such a difference in any quantifiable or perceptible way.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Profesh
Coleslaw is referring to the fact that if my brain shows me this:

And your brain shows you this:

Neither language nor technology is capable of expressing such a difference in any quantifiable or perceptible way.

I know that.

What then do we do with this information? Accept that indeed, it is possible and go our merry way or call the other person a retard and leave in a hissy fit?
I know that.

What then do we do with this information? Accept that indeed, it is possible and go our merry way or call the other person a retard and leave in a hissy fit?

you still don't understand. what profesh and I are saying is that people seeing colours differently CANNOT be the explanation here.
you still don't understand. what profesh and I are saying is that people seeing colours differently CANNOT be the explanation here.

No it obviously can't. Half the world are retards, that's the only explanation here.
No it obviously can't. Half the world are retards, that's the only explanation here.

half the world are below average intelligence.
half the world are below average intelligence.

And half the world are above it. Aren't averages great?
I saw it as white and gold first, then I scrolled down and back up again, blue and black...... WHAT KIND OF DARK SORCERY IS THIS?
Original post by Greenlaner
I saw it as white and gold first, then I scrolled down and back up again, blue and black...... WHAT KIND OF DARK SORCERY IS THIS?

I agree this is very strange, very dark, very sorcery.
Reply 434
Original post by green.tea
What do you see when you look at the pic i made? Does the blue scribble go onto white, is it not there or what?

it goes from blue and black to white and gold. And then it goes to and fro
Original post by Arkasia
Why am I the only one to vote Blue/Black?

This is some TSR nonsense conspiracy or Asch thought experiment isn't it :mad:

You could always try to be Moscovici... minority influence and all!

I think it looks pale blue or white, with gold bits - but in the picture that holliemae posted it is obviously blue-black. Weird. I wonder if everyone is looking at the same photos?
I received this message like 5 times in the last 10 hours!
Original post by BurstingBubbles

help me, is his hair blue or blonde?!?
Reply 438
I see black and blue!!!!!!!!
I see white and gold.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest