The Student Room Group

What colours do you see on this dress?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by DiddyDec
Having done some research into the topic I have found this. These are colours shown in the photo.

Think I did the same research as you. Looked at it earlier when I had my light on and i wasn't so tired and it was white and gold, came back to it like 6 hours later, the light is off, i'm tired and now it is blue and black. So I copied it into paint and colour grabbed. Got the same colours as you, so it seems pretty definitive to me. Anyone who is seeing white & gold, do it for yourselves so we can compare. I'm pretty sure you'll get the same colours as above. I'm no scientist but my guess is that the over-exposed background of the picture is making your brain process the image differently, possibly depending on the lighting in your room.
Couldn't help but laugh when I saw this pic on FB about the dress lol
What the hell is going on????????? It's obviously blue and black.
Reply 83
It's a green cat, there's no dress there. Look closer.
Original post by frankieboy
I've only ever had a bluey off-white with a browney gold on the trim and it hasn't changed. Interestingly, I'm using a CRT monitor. Cos I'm 'ardcore. I wonder whether that has something to do with it?

I have the same. Everyone's like 'black and blue' or 'gold and white' and I'm just sat here going 'it's neither...'
I don't have a CRT monitor though. But I do have synaesthesia if that might make a difference...
Reply 85
(Obviously there's a scientific explanation of why different people see different colours)

But let's keep that quiet - IT'S WHITE AND GOLD! How on EARTH is it blue and black? :tongue:

(Though I'd say it's not gold but rather red/orange brown)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Almost a 50/50 split to people I've shown it too.

I personally see white and gold.
What I want to know is why so many people are deluded into thinking the obvious beige is really gold. One is dull and lifeless, the other is bright and fiery.
Reply 88
http://http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

There is some explanation here. There are some other theories floating around too but this one actually sounds viable.
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
People, tilt your screen away from you! It changes colour
Yeah to the negative version of it... Not the actual colour
Original post by carasezmoo
Aaah. If I tilt my laptop screen all the way back it is blue and black, otherwise it's white and gold.

I UNDERSTAND IT. :biggrin:

Yeah but that's the negative of it...

Not the colour of the actual dress that exists
Reply 91
It's objectively blue, you're all bonkers.

http://html-color-codes.info/colors-from-image/
(edited 9 years ago)
This picture has caused complete pandemonium at TSR towers :erm:
Literally no one at TSR has done any work this morning

#teamblueandblack
Original post by jenhasdreams
literally no one at tsr has done any work this morning

#teamblueandblack

It's white and gold are you crazy
:fuhrer:
#WHITEANDGOLD
totes white and gold.
Ok.... I was like what dress and pressed something else looool :L. It's blue and slightly brownish gold.
Original post by Yahhia
Ok.... I was like what dress and pressed something else looool :L. It's blue and slightly brownish gold.

Controversial :eek4:
I saw it as 100% white and gold. Turned my screen brightness down from 100 to 0, then back to 100 and now can only see it as black and blue

Quick Reply

Latest