The Student Room Group

How ****ing creepy is googling your own name?!

The world we live in is too connected. An image of my actual face comes up first on Google image search. My Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and YouJizz all come up :/
My physical address in London and Cambridge.

What the funk

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You must have a really unique name, either that or you are really famous......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
ikr. I type Groot in Google and it's all there. wtf, I want my privacy.
Reply 3
Original post by RRD98
You must have a really unique name, either that or you are really famous......

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a rare name, it's Arabic
Reply 4
I know my name isn't unique to the UK but googling it had the entire first page with links relating to me.

Fortunately I've been careful with what shows up and so they are all positive sites (LinkedIn, university awards and a local newspaper article).

Best thing you can do is set your Facebook to be unindexed.
Reply 5
THUG*LYF
It is a rare name, it's Arabic

Mia Khalifa?
Reply 6
Original post by Arkasia
Mia Khalifa?

Oh wow she's hot!
I just did, nothing came up. I thought my fb came up, I clicked on it and realised it wasn't even mine :ahee: Just goes to show how irrelevant I am!
Loads of stuff relating to me comes up when I google my name. I have a huge online presence.
Reply 9
:s-smilie:
Original post by THUG*LYF
The world we live in is too connected. An image of my actual face comes up first on Google image search. My Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and YouJizz all come up :/
My physical address in London and Cambridge.

What the funk

Mr thug lyf , I challenge u to a duel.
Oh wow she's hot!

looks slightly like my ex

ffs ruined my own life
Reply 11
Original post by Dr who11
:s-smilie:

Mr thug lyf , I challenge u to a duel.

Omg didn't we already have this conversation at some point... I'm not interested, you win. I'm weak compared to you, Dr who
Omg didn't we already have this conversation at some point... I'm not interested, you win. I'm weak compared to you, Dr who

you sir are the bigger man by walking away.
Original post by Groot
ikr. I type Groot in Google and it's all there. wtf, I want my privacy.

Well that's what you get for starring in a multi million dollar film, in't it?
Reply 14
I'm invisible, I haven't left a trace on the Internet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't say you're creepy. Enjoy your fame and remembrance by the people of the future.
Googling my name brings up stuff about me up until like the 7th page :K: I'm not all that concerned though (other than about my archived Bebo, just because it's embarrassingly hilarious).
The first bit of my postcodes comes up and my geography presentation on Prezi that I did during my GCSEs :')

And a picture of my friend comes up in images O.o
Oh wow she's hot!

Eurgh, no she's not.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I just did, nothing came up. I thought my fb came up, I clicked on it and realised it wasn't even mine :ahee: Just goes to show how irrelevant I am!
Not at all! It just shows you don't waste your life showing off unwittingly to millions of people you've never met as a byproduct of wanting to speak to about 10 people.

****ing hate the Internet culture it's the most self obsessed bull****e.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest