The Student Room Group

How much do you ruminate?

Apparently I spend the vast majority of my time ruminating on TSR about the same topics which I reached a conclusion to around a year ago, perhaps 10 hours a day or more. How about you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ruminating?

Over 10 hours a day?

ON TSR?

You have my sympathies.
2-5 Hz
Original post by Leftee
Ruminating?

Over 10 hours a day?

ON TSR?

You have my sympathies.

yes as in sitting around for 10 hours a day just trying to follow every thread possible and add it to your wealth/dearth (delete as appropriate) of knowledge, plus your own thoughts, generally on pseudo-intellectual nonsense which encourages much rambling and tangential emotional thinking
I am not a cow.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
about the same topics which I reached a conclusion to around a year ago

then why do still make threads about the same topics
Apparently I spend the vast majority of my time ruminating on TSR about the same topics which I reached a conclusion to around a year ago, perhaps 10 hours a day or more. How about you?

10 hours...

futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling-104db8.jpg
Original post by + polarity -
then why do still make threads about the same topics

because I realised I am trying to procrastinate from relatively simple tasks offline which have for some reason become incredibly difficult to do

also hey long time no see bro :awesome:
Original post by RhymeAsylumForever
10 hours...

futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling-104db8.jpg

yes srs, am the great Riku
because I realised I am trying to procrastinate from relatively simple tasks offline which have for some reason become incredibly difficult to do

also hey long time no see bro :awesome:

:beard: I think I can relate

hi
Original post by + polarity -
:beard: I think I can relate

hi

hello again :smile:

yeah for example, getting to ****ing bed. See this is how I know I am a bit ill rather than taking the piss
Nowhere near as much as I used to. The only time I do is when I'm trying to understand someone/something. Since I learnt that I have veeeeeery little control over things because the world/universe doesn't revolve around my life, I've learnt to let things be. If **** happens I accept it and move past it because there's usually a silver lining around the corner. If a silver lining doesn't come my way quick enough I make one. My new philosophy in life is that things happen for a reason.

Also, I've had a huge ana relapse so that's proving to be a pretty damn effective distraction from my mind!
Original post by Vixen47
Nowhere near as much as I used to. The only time I do is when I'm trying to understand someone/something. Since I learnt that I have veeeeeery little control over things because the world/universe doesn't revolve around my life, I've learnt to let things be. If **** happens I accept it and move past it because there's usually a silver lining around the corner. If a silver lining doesn't come my way quick enough I make one. My new philosophy in life is that things happen for a reason.

Also, I've had a huge ana relapse so that's proving to be a pretty damn effective distraction from my mind!

Thanks for your input :smile:

this is actually the exact wording of my dad's philosophy ever since his divorce-induced depressive episode…freaky :tongue:

Sorry to hear about your relapse :frown: :hugs:
Reply 13
I always do it. What else is there to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cutty
I always do it. What else is there to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

…life?

I'm only doing it because I'm depressed/anxious
ruminate is such a dirty word it gets me so wetttt
Reply 16
…life?

I'm only doing it because I'm depressed/anxious

You're not depressed. There's no such thing as depression or anxiety. Unless you're disabled, poor, orphaned or disfigured in some way, you have nothing to be depressed about. Pick yourself up, it's easy. Why not go out and stamp your mark on this world, there's something for you to do out there. The world is bigger than TSR.
Original post by Cutty
You're not depressed. There's no such thing as depression or anxiety. Unless you're disabled, poor, orphaned or disfigured in some way, you have nothing to be depressed about. Pick yourself up, it's easy. Why not go out and stamp your mark on this world, there's something for you to do out there. The world is bigger than TSR.

I'm demotivated with physiological symptoms including weight gain, erectile dysfunction and insomnia/terrible sleep hygiene, plus limited concentration, emotional outbursts and high levels of rumination. :roll eyes: technically I am 'depressed' (layman) sense by anxiety disorder (fight or flight response is proven by clinicians as acute)-so please let's not say I don't have some condition. As for the question of what I am 'depressed' about, well I don't know. This is why I believe I have a victim mentality. But the mind is odd

Still doesn't answer the question, why are you always ruminating rather than doing?
yes as in sitting around for 10 hours a day just trying to follow every thread possible and add it to your wealth/dearth (delete as appropriate) of knowledge, plus your own thoughts, generally on pseudo-intellectual nonsense which encourages much rambling and tangential emotional thinking

You talk so much crap, it's beginning to hurt my brain.
Original post by Cutty

Lol, what a ****ty comment.

Quick Reply

Latest