The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester school of art - MMU applicants?

Hello was wondering if there are any manchester school of art applicants on here?
was wondering what courses people are applying to?
as well as what halls? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi , I applied for fine art and have a conditional offer. I will be applying for Victoria halls or birley fields! - how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Oley
Hi , I applied for fine art and have a conditional offer. I will be applying for Victoria halls or birley fields! - how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for fine art, I have my interview tomorrow! Do you know where the interview is taking place? If no, that's fine I have an hour and a half to get lost and find the building :P
Reply 3
It's taking place at the Grosvenor Buliding , cavendish street ( near the all saints campus, just off Oxford road). Don't worry I got lost too , but good luck ! :smile: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1425244754.758332.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Applying for monty halls
i actually have no idea what it's going to be like because I live in Hong Kong! What made YIU choose those halls?
Reply 5
Original post by Oley
It's taking place at the Grosvenor Buliding , cavendish street ( near the all saints campus, just off Oxford road). Don't worry I got lost too , but good luck ! :smile: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1425244754.758332.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found it! Had my interview and got an offer! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Sosowalker
Applying for monty halls
i actually have no idea what it's going to be like because I live in Hong Kong! What made YIU choose those halls?

Briarfields Hall because it's closer by, has parking and small number of flats per floor.
(edited 9 years ago)
i'm 75% sure i'll be making MMU my firm choice, studying graphic design (got my offer) and applying for cambridge halls
Reply 8
You guys arnt worried about the bad rep that man met has as a uni? I would like to think of the art school as something different form the other colleges....
Reply 9
I think of the art school as separate from the uni, the rep for the art school is really good and lots of their graduates are doing amazingly! especially for fine art. They have a lot more to offer for facilities and you can learn skills like making your own canvas, book making and networking to be able to find a job.
(edited 9 years ago)
ATTENTION: Manchester Met University Students

Join the Manchester Met University Freshers Group - facebook.com/groups/326010177593809

Join the Manchester Met University Freshers Event
facebook.com/events/1592260974322945

MUST Join the National Student Applicants event -
facebook.com/events/345052432366356
Reply 11
I'm going to choose Manchester as my firm choice too ! Yay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by entershikari
i'm 75% sure i'll be making MMU my firm choice, studying graphic design (got my offer) and applying for cambridge halls

Ive also applied for Graphic Design at MMU but have not received any info for interview and was just wondering when you had yours?
very worried!!!
Original post by lucygrimes
Ive also applied for Graphic Design at MMU but have not received any info for interview and was just wondering when you had yours?
very worried!!!

From my experience I recieved everything through the post not via email. I think although I could be wrong, that they ask to see a digital portfolio first before an interview. Hope this helps :smile: Good luck!
Thank you! did any of you guys get interviews? I've just rung up and they said they don't do interviews for the graphic design course :confused:
Original post by lucygrimes
very worried!!!

if you did the digital portfolio, they're deciding just on that this yr, so no interviews c: but I heard quite a while ago (at least a month ago)
Reply 16
Fine art, accepted as my firm choice moments ago, and I'm planning on Victoria halls
Reply 17
Accepted Textiles in Practice yday!!!
v excited bc i thought i bombed the interview!
im currently looking at halls and i really like the look of briar/oxford/victoria.
Not too many people in it but i still think it might be good? Would really want the whole en-suite thing bc i can be rly messy about my products and stuff lolol
Hey there! Is it too late for me to apply? I wanted to apply for fine art. Is it hard to get accepted? Do you really have to be that good? I didint get accepted at Lund Uni in Sweden, they only take 12 outta 600 applicants :frown:
Just firmed my choice to do fashion at mmu. I will be in Briarfeilds halls !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending