The Student Room Group

Girls, does height matter to you?

Scroll to see replies

I'm 5ft1

The guy only has to be taller than me (which isn't difficult). IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR
Would rather he be taller than me, sure. But it isn't the be all and end all.
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah but whilst eg long hair on girls may be a preference, I've never heard a guy say "I'd never go out with a girl with short hair".

Whereas for women, a guy's height seems like a requirement rather than a preference. Essentially every girl says they wouldn't date a shorter guy. I just find it strange that it is emphasised so much, but I guess it's just hardwired evolutionary preferences.

Conversely, I've never heard a girl say "I'd never go out with a short guy".

I don't think it's a requirement, more of a preference. I know that for myself, whilst I'd prefer a tall guy, if I liked someone enough I'd go out with them regardless of height.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goodwinning

Posted from TSR Mobile

But several girls on this thread have said that... Read the thread, several have said that it's a requirement that the guy is taller than them. Friends of mine in real life have said it too.
I'm 5"2 so I don't think I'd want to date anyone taller than 5"10; 5"7-8 is probably my ideal because if a guy is too tall I find him a tad intimidating.
Original post by goodwinning

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard it many times tbh

If we take into account what is said online, I wouldn't know where to start talking about them tbh
How come this matters so much to girls? I'm not criticising, since you can't help what you're attracted to, but it seems like basically no girls would date a guy shorter than them.

I think just as men want a good looking girl, women want a taller person like that. :frown:
Reply 47
How come this matters so much to girls? I'm not criticising, since you can't help what you're attracted to, but it seems like basically no girls would date a guy shorter than them.

I dunno but from what I've gathered a lot of men wouldn't want to date a woman taller than them either. I suppose hypothetically if met a guy I liked and he was a bit shorter than me it wouldn't be a deal breaker; however I'm only 5'4 so most men are taller than me anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm 5"1 and I'm not growing either, in heels I can get to 5"4 so basically anything taller than that. I mean it doesn't look good if the woman is taller than her man
Seen as im 5ft 3" anything taller suits me. However the taller the better (makes me feel safe)
6ft 2+ is most popular option, I'm at least 6ft 3, get no attention at all.

Does this mean there's something wrong with my face or that I'm just a ****? Genuinely curious...
Reply 51
Original post by Retired_Messiah
6ft 2+ is most popular option, I'm at least 6ft 3, get no attention at all.

Does this mean there's something wrong with my face or that I'm just a ****? Genuinely curious...

it means you may not be attractive facially to many girls and/or your lacking personality wise plus you may not be making moves on girls which you have too.
It does in that I prefer guys who're taller than me and ideally they'd be like 6'2/taller (I'm 5'8).

There's stuff that's far more important though and I've been with guys who are the same height as me, because it wasn't something that bothered me when I got to know them
Original post by slade p
it means you may not be attractive facially to many girls and/or your lacking personality wise plus you may not be making moves on girls which you have too.

Meh doesn't matter to me, I don't care for any of the girls I know so naturally I'm not going to be making any moves. Just wondering how I seem to be invisible despite how I have some sort of supposed advantage.

Must be the personality, I do seem to have a knack for offending random popular girls... hmm...
5 ft 10 is about reasonable for me i think. i'm 5 ft 7 so just anyone who is a bit taller than me is good, but i'm not fussy.
Original post by ChickenMadness

Are you saying 5"8 isn't short?
:lol:
at least 5'10 or above :date:

im 5'7 so im very tall my self :banghead:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shaniceee
I'm 5"1 and I'm not growing either, in heels I can get to 5"4 so basically anything taller than that. I mean it doesn't look good if the woman is taller than her man

godammit i wish i was 5'1 :frown::frown::frown:
Reply 58
People are swallow.
Reply 59
Original post by lily valentine
at least 5'10 or above :date:

im 5'7 so im very tall my self :banghead:

i dont mind if a guy is shorter than 5'10 tho, but there has to be something VERY special about you if youre 5'9 or under :angelblush:

If he was that special, what have you got to offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending