The Student Room Group

Girls, does height matter to you?

Poll

What is the ideal height for you in men?

Does your partners height matter to you in a relationship?, if so what is the minimum height?

Also, please state your height too
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it definitely does I like guys that are like 6'4" like 14 cm taller than me or more lol. It's like a tree effect lol...

im slightly above 5'11"
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Its not the be all and end all. I have my preference and that would be to date someone taller than me, say around 6 foot but I wouldn't rule out dating someone smaller than me if I had feelings for them. I wouldn't let their height get in the way if I liked them.

I'm 5 foot 3. The lowest I can imagine dating is 5 foot but like I said, all depends on how I felt about the person

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
At least 5'10. I'm 5'7 and I'm always in heels so that's reasonable.
The current person I'm dating is just under 5ft. I don't care if the person is smaller or taller than me, height doesn't matter!
(I'm 5'2)
Original post by Shimmy Bo Bo
Woah!!! you're a girl and you're dating a guy that is under "5" feet tall and you're "5" 2, either you're a rarity or you're trolling?:curious:

She likes people of the female sex.
Really:toofunny:

How would you know, she might have a fetish small dudes?:tongue:

She said it in my thread. She likes people who have a vagina.
I don't know dude, you're just a dude.

I can't take you serious.

justadude14>shimmy Bo bo

Shimmy Bo bo=troll like username.

Justadude14=random username
Original post by Justadude14
justadude14>shimmy Bo bo

Shimmy Bo bo=troll like username.

Justadude14=random username

Stop derailing the thread dude, and then you have the audacity to call me a troll.:haughty:
I'm 5'8 and although I prefer guys who are quite tall (6'2+) my last bf was maybe only an inch taller than me and I've been attracted to guys my height and shorter. But height wouldn't stand in the way of a relationship with someone. It's really about how you view yourself. I once had a thing with a guy who was about my height, and I remember how he started telling me how he hated how he was so short and scrawny, etc etc. It wasn't very attractive, similar how guys don't like when girls body bash themselves.
Stop derailing the thread dude, and then you have the audacity to call me a troll.:haughty:

No actually you did that by quoting her.

First on the ignore list
Reply 11
I actually do care about height but ironically both of my exes are short: 5'8 and 5'7. So obviously it comes down to what kind of person he is :tongue:. But I definitely wouldn't go below 5'7 because I'm simply not attracted to someone extremely short, I want someone who's around the 6' region.

I'm 5'5 btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, but size does! :tongue:
Size only matters when it matters to the guy. I've dated a man shorter than me (I'm 5'7), and it bothered him to a ridiculous extent. I couldn't have cared less, but he was constantly paranoid I would just go off with someone taller / darker / more handsome, which I had no intention of doing because I was madly in love with him. He didn't realise that though, because he felt there was some sort of stigma around being shorter than your girlfriend. Oh my. So, it was his attitude to his height, not his height that was wrong.
I'm 5'5 and my boyfriend is like 5'6.5 - 5'7.. I would prefer if he was a bit taller as I like to wear high heels but for 3 years, it hasn't been an issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goodwinning
I actually do care about height but ironically both of my exes are short: 5'8 and 5'7. So obviously it comes down to what kind of person he is :tongue:. But I definitely wouldn't go below 5'7 because I'm simply not attracted to someone extremely short, I want someone who's around the 6' region.

I'm 5'5 btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ideally I'd like him to be my height or taller but it's not hard as I'm only 5'3 and don't wear heels

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 5'7'' and I like guys over 5'8''/5'9''
I wouldn't not date someone just because they're short. I've had two serious relationships and both of the guys were 6'3" and most guys I like tend to be 6' or taller so I guess that's my preference but there are tons of things more important to me than height.

Edit: I'm 5'3"
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
As long as he's at least the same height as me I'm not really bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending