The Student Room Group

Is an electric unicycle a waste of money?

[video="youtube;ICe-x-W7muE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICe-x-W7muE[/video]

I'm thinking of buying one of these but is it a good buy or just an expansive toy?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Would you actually use it?
Buy a bike instead.
Reply 3
Original post by Jooooshy
Would you actually use it?

I probably use it for:

Going to the mall (there's a mall that's 45-60min walk from my house)

Getting some fresh air whilst listening to some songs

Its a gimic thats a waste of money if you ask me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by frances98
Its a gimic thats a waste of money if you ask me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is it a gimic?
how could you see this as anything other then a toy?

Dont get me wrong, if I had money to burn, then sure why not, it would be a laugh..

but as a serrious way to get to travel... nah.

if I saw someone riding that to the mall from their home, in my mind, what they would be saying to me is:

'Look, I know I could get a bike, and it would be quicker.. but thats to obvious. Sure I could get a normal unicycle, but thats to much effort.. ok I could get an electric bike, but then how would anyone know that I am different from everyone else? Hmm, I guess there was that thing called a segway, but jeeze those are old and a joke now... you know, what I really want is a way taht I can move down the street, whilst looking like I am standing still.. so everyone around me will think 'my word, what a cool and unique guy''

Dont be that person OP
Reply 7
Original post by fallen_acorns
how could you see this as anything other then a toy?

Dont get me wrong, if I had money to burn, then sure why not, it would be a laugh..

but as a serrious way to get to travel... nah.

if I saw someone riding that to the mall from their home, in my mind, what they would be saying to me is:

'Look, I know I could get a bike, and it would be quicker.. but thats to obvious. Sure I could get a normal unicycle, but thats to much effort.. ok I could get an electric bike, but then how would anyone know that I am different from everyone else? Hmm, I guess there was that thing called a segway, but jeeze those are old and a joke now... you know, what I really want is a way taht I can move down the street, whilst looking like I am standing still.. so everyone around me will think 'my word, what a cool and unique guy''

Dont be that person OP

:lol:

TBH, even if I did buy this, I'd probably try to stay away from people since I absolutely hate being the centre of attention.
Do it, I bought a bear without a unicycle and it was the biggest regret of my life.... just because your ridding it and not a bear makes no difference... buy it!!
Original post by kka25
Why is it a gimic?

Because its something thats fun now but in 6 months time it'll probably just be sitting in a cupboard. Theres got to be better things to spend £350 on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kka25
I probably use it for:

Going to the mall (there's a mall that's 45-60min walk from my house)

Getting some fresh air whilst listening to some songs

The thought of somebody riding into the mall on one of those is pretty funny; it reminds me of Mall Cop haha.
OMG! I didn't know these even existed! I'm buying five! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 12
It's not a unicycle.
Get it, use it, don't like it? Sell it to me for 50 quid, ur sorted..... I rate it 8/8 m8.
Reply 14
Original post by frances98
Because its something thats fun now but in 6 months time it'll probably just be sitting in a cupboard. Theres got to be better things to spend £350 on

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might have a point but the temptation is strong in this one.

Original post by Jooooshy
The thought of somebody riding into the mall on one of those is pretty funny; it reminds me of Mall Cop haha.

Well, I'm sure the police will catch me first! :lol:

Original post by VannR
It's not a unicycle.

It isn't?
Reply 15
Original post by Yahhia
Get it, use it, don't like it? Sell it to me for 50 quid, ur sorted..... I rate it 8/8 m8.

50 quid!? You're having a bubble you mug! :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by kka25
You might have a point but the temptation is strong in this one.

Well, I'm sure the police will catch me first! :lol:

It isn't?

It has two wheels on the bottom.
Reply 17
Original post by VannR
It has two wheels on the bottom.

The one I'm showing you has two; the other versions have one. I like the ones that have two wheels since I'm good at balancing myself :rolleyes:
How do you control speed? How do you brake on it?
Reply 19
but it isn't a unicycle thou8gh right?? because it has 2 wheels...

Quick Reply

Latest