The Student Room Group

What am I doing to make guys read me wrong?

It's always like I have guys who think I'm upset or sad or scared when they talk to me. I hate it it makes me frustrated. Why is this? Generally speaking I have this happen all the time less and less but still happens. I don't get why that is? Also I don't get why transsexual women seem to favor me and are more willing to approach me than cismen? It's almost like they know I'm similar to them without knowing me at all? Advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
All right calm down, there's no need to get aggressive....
Lol'd at 'cismen'. Now that's not a term you often see outside of Tumblr.

Upset/ sad/ scared are all signs of depression- maybe you frequently seem depressed?
Reply 3
Original post by A5ko
All right calm down, there's no need to get aggressive....

Lol
Reply 4
Original post by Foo.mp3
Why don't you ask them/record your interactions? :dontknow:

I have and have been told I look upset... I just don't get how I look mad? Maybe my lips are too big.
Reply 5
Original post by vital-phenomena
Lol'd at 'cismen'. Now that's not a term you often see outside of Tumblr.

Upset/ sad/ scared are all signs of depression- maybe you frequently seem depressed?

Well I was differentiating from transmen and other people in general. I wish I had more attention from men because that's who I long to be with.
Original post by Justadude14
Well I was differentiating from transmen and other people in general. I wish I had more attention from men because that's who I long to be with.

long as in you want male friends or long as in long to get between mens legs :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by Zachary T-H
long as in you want male friends or long as in long to get between mens legs :wink:

As in to have a partner/boyfriend. Later on husband. I used to not care whether I ended up with a wife or husband im attracted to transwomen as well but when I turned 20 I have longed for a boyfriend. Nothing else really on the emotional sense.

on the sexual side I still am attracted to anyone who is of the biological make sex.
(edited 9 years ago)
As in to have a partner/boyfriend. Later on husband. I used to not care whether I ended up with a wife or husband im attracted to transwomen as well but when I turned 20 I have longed for a boyfriend. Nothing else really on the emotional sense.

Us gays are pretty shallow, if you look good and are charming/ witty you'll have no problem getting yourself a boyfriend. you won't marry the first guy you date so be prepared for a few relationships. maybe give the app "hornet" a go :smile:
Reply 9
Us gays are pretty shallow, if you look good and are charming/ witty you'll have no problem getting yourself a boyfriend. you won't marry the first guy you date so be prepared for a few relationships. maybe give the app "hornet" a go :smile:

Equally, if you're gay; avoid the app 'WASP' like the plague.
Original post by Profesh

I don't follow, you've made me feel stupid :ashamed:
I don't follow, you've made me feel stupid :ashamed:

Tee-hee.

HAHAH, that's funny- well worth feeling stupid for. maybe he does want to find a WASP if he can find one with a Rhode Island home like the Vanderbilt's had :colone: There must be some gay WASP(s) in denial!!

I'm not interested in gay guys probably won't be ever. And gay guys don't like me rightfully so. It's more bisexual guys that seem more interested in me than anything. And straight guys of course.

I think transwomen think I am a transwoman that's why they're more partial to me. Because I'm like superficially pretty and have a lot of barbie attributes in my physique and facially but also masculine attributes. In part I know that's why straight men don't like me because i have a lot of obvious signs of masculinity that other people usually don't have. But then there are guys who are just into the superficial part. Which are usually the straight or bisexual guys. These are the types that usually talk to me but won't go any further. I'm extremely desperate. But it's like guys think I'm not interested. So it's like they always end up leaving me alone the only ones that really bother me are the ones im not attracted to. Then there's also a racial thing where black guys approach me a lot but I'm not interested and where white guys sometimes like me but are way too quiet about it. And then again when it happens it's always guys I don't like. And when it's mutual those guys are taken or just want to use me for sex or just single because there's something terribly wrong with them. But when I do talk to a guy I actually like they always seem to try to leave me alone after a while. As if there was some type of nonverbal cue I made that made him read me wrong. Idk.
I'm confused, why wouldn't gay guys like you, your a guy aren't you? Or are you transgender? If your a feminine looking guy guys should be all over you, feminine looking guys can be pretty hot (twinks).
Original post by Profesh

I live as a girl in real life so I'm not gay. I'm societally just a straight female or heterosexual. I'm scared but I should go to the doctor because I have a lot of symptoms of cah. But I got in conjunction and more. Plus I don't look typical down there when I shave. But as far as I know my sex is female. I have all the minimum things that make a female at least. I had to be put on supplements to get my testosterone lower when I was younger but I got off of them because they made me feel really terrible. Also mentally My gender is more masculine. Like out of 10 im like a 7... I wish it was neutral but it really isn't im not that masculine either though. Honestly though I'm learning to not really acknowledge sex the existence of gender. As to me it's just manmade. But yeah my sex is female. im not gay. At least physically speaking. I prefer the opposite sex.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm confused, why wouldn't gay guys like you, your a guy aren't you? Or are you transgender? If your a feminine looking guy guys should be all over you, feminine looking guys can be pretty hot (twinks).

As far as I know my sex is female. i might be intersex but definitely not male. I have a lot of the symptoms of cah which would mean my my sex is still female just with higher levels of T.

I live as a straight woman. Not a gay guy my username is just random. Even though I don't really identify with any gender for that matter.

i should put this in my siggy.
(edited 9 years ago)
As far as I know my sex is female. i might be intersex but definitely not male. I have a lot of the symptoms of cah which would mean my my sex is still female just with higher levels of T.

I live as a straight woman. Not a gay guy my username is just random. Even though I don't really identify with any gender for that matter.

i should put this in my siggy.

sorry for the confusion XD well at any rate I'm sure you'll find a straight guy, or a bi guy, It cant be that difficult, being a girl should make it even easier to find guys... this is what i'm lead to believe. your only 20, have fun and wait for a bit until you settle down.
sorry for the confusion XD well at any rate I'm sure you'll find a straight guy, or a bi guy, It cant be that difficult, being a girl should make it even easier to find guys... this is what i'm lead to believe. your only 20, have fun and wait for a bit until you settle down.

Yeah that's the weird thing though of the guys that are interested in me its as if I rub them wrong or something. which is what I don't get.

Also I don't get why transwomen are more attracted to me than men seem to be. It's like I don't have the same problem of coming off wrong with them but I tend to with men.

Quick Reply

Latest