The Student Room Group

simple question - machoness..1 for the guys

How do i be more macho? right now im a bit of a softie..and need to toughen up..somehow..any ideas?

my build isnt the greatest and neither is my height so i can never be a proper lads lad, if you get me!

things im doing right nw..working out..tryna see how other guys are..

but what do u think? what is being macho?? Guys come on..help me out here, and ladies ur input is welcome too

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
........Why would you want to act like that?
You want to act macho?
Reply 3
make crude jokes, get into fights and say "are you startin" a lot.
Reply 4
why not stay as you are, you are your own person.
macho? i don't really like them a lot, prefer the simple everday guys - scruffiness, baggy jeans, :wink: - big muscles?? - sayonara
Reply 6
No one likes macho people (maybe a bit of a generalisaion, ull be in with pikeys and bodybuilders).
wackysparkle
macho? i don't really like them a lot, prefer the simple everday guys - scruffiness, baggy jeans, :wink: - big muscles?? - sayonara

Since when does big muscles = macho?

Machismo is an attitude, not an appearance.
joker_900
No one likes macho people (maybe a bit of a generalisaion, ull be in with pikeys and bodybuilders).

So true. And macho guys can be such a turn off because they come across as stuck up.
Use the phrase 'Brap' as often as possible...
Reply 10
Brrrraaaaapppp
Lol, my biology teacher said to someone the other day: "Please desist from saying 'brap brap'" :biggrin:

To the OP, start by sellotaping a penis to your head.
Reply 12
no no..sorry i think i didnt explain properly..i dont wana be a crap rude boy who acts tough..

i guess im what u might say a metrosexual..and i think too much wit my heart or sumtin like that?? and i jus wana bring my masculinity out a lil more..does that help?
Anonymous
no no..sorry i think i didnt explain properly..i dont wana be a crap rude boy who acts tough..

i guess im what u might say a metrosexual..and i think too much wit my heart or sumtin like that?? and i jus wana bring my masculinity out a lil more..does that help?

Masculinity isn't the same as machismo. Machismo is more like a teenager's perception of what masculinity should be like.

I don't really know how to suggest you become more masculine.
Reply 14
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
Masculinity isn't the same as machismo. Machismo is more like a teenager's perception of what masculinity should be like.

I don't really know how to suggest you become more masculine.

^^^ Correct. Just be yourself and be a decent bloke.
Perhaps look into becoming a superhero?
Just be your self, many girls i know hate guys who pretend to be all macho.
Anonymous
How do i be more macho? right now im a bit of a softie..and need to toughen up..somehow..any ideas?

my build isnt the greatest and neither is my height so i can never be a proper lads lad, if you get me!

things im doing right nw..working out..tryna see how other guys are..

but what do u think? what is being macho?? Guys come on..help me out here, and ladies ur input is welcome too

you cant change how you are; even if you do it wont suit you and everyone will just say things behind your back like 'look at him trying to act all macho' ...just be good ol u!!
The thing you have to remember is that unless you have a hairy chest and can easily beat other men up, no woman will ever love you.
sorry - i know mach-ism is an attitude - but where i am from - if you're macho you automatically also have the whole muscle thing going too. it ain't so much an attitude, is more based on appearance as well.
but - yah - just be yourself... why change?

Latest

Trending

Trending