The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan for EU students

Just saw this on another thread:

"EU students who don't meet standard residency criteria but choose to work whilst they study can apply for full funding as a UK student.

Thanks."

I haven't lived in the UK and will be moving over to start a second degree (graduate-entry medicine)—does that comment mean that if I had a part-time job I could apply for a maintenance loan or grant as well as for the tuition fee loan..?
Hi there.

For graduate entry medicine courses we will offer a maintenance loan only.

If you choose to work whilst you study then you would be eligible to apply as a migrant worker and receive these maintenance payments.

Thanks.
Reply 2
Is there a minimum amount I'd need to work to qualify? And would I need to start the job before I applied for the loan?

Which form would I use in applying for the maintenance loan?
Hi there.

You would need to have started the job before we can proceed with your application, you would submit the same application as a UK student which can be found online.

There is no set amount you'd need to earn but the work does need to be continuous.

Thanks.
Hi,

I am a first year full-time student at university. I have been working in England for more than 2 years without any break. I had sent all evidence to support my migrant worker status but still got rejected by the SFE for not supporting myself for 3 years whilst in the UK. How it is possible to receive the maintenance grant and loan whilst working only few months?

Martha
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply