The Student Room Group

Anyone applying to KU Leuven?

Anyone planning on going to Ku Leuven in September? I'll be going for the BA Philosophy :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can't believe I found someone else who is. I'm accepted on condition I get my IB diploma. BA philosophy 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Congratulations guys, I have just started my application process for BSc Industrial Sciences. How long did the "In-process" stage take you and how hard do you think it was to get accepted? Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Umm the in process stage took a fair while, just over a month I think. I'm not sure how it will be for your course but the impression I get is that it's relatively easy to get accepted in comparison with UK unis.
That makes me feel loads better, I really want to get into it as it's currently my first option. Seems like all I have to do right now is wait. Thank you and good luck on your exams!
Reply 5
Congratulations on getting in!

I have applied to the abridged philosophy programme which is a one year bachelors. My application is still at the in-process stage.

After you received an email saying your application is being considered at the board of admissions, how long did it take to receive an offer?
Accepted for Master of Forensic Odontology 😊

Applied late November, confirmation in January, offer yesterday. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long did it take you to receive this email after your application has started the in-process stage?
Reply 8
Original post by kablackspectrum
How long did it take you to receive this email after your application has started the in-process stage?

I think like two weeks if I recall correctly to say the application has now reached the board of admissions and is being considered.

From what I understand, there is an international admissions unit which investigate the application first and if it passes this stage it is then sent to board of admissions.

I'd love to know how long it takes from receiving the email from board of admissions to finding out the result.
2.5 months for me but I'm under Faculty of Medicine. Just realised that this is philosophy, religious studies & theology board! Sorry guys 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hi Guys

How long did it take to go from new application to "in progress"?
Original post by penzaa
Hi Guys

How long did it take to go from new application to "in progress"?

For me, it took about 3 weeks after I had sent my documents by mail. I called the International Office on the second week and the process began the next day after the phone call.

Good luck with your application!
Reply 12
For me, it took about 3 weeks after I had sent my documents by mail. I called the International Office on the second week and the process began the next day after the phone call.

Good luck with your application!

Thanx for the reply. I think i will try calling as well,its been 2 weeks since i sent my documents
Reply 13
Hey guys, I've been admitted to KU Leuven business major this year. Do you guys know anyone else taking bba?

Also, I noticed that KU Leuven doesn't have dormitories and I think this might be a real problem for non-eea students... so, how are you guys planning on getting housings? which month are you planning on going to Belgium?
According to the website you can only apply for housing after the registration if I'm not mistaken. Are there other ways? Are you in Belgium now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by ccecline
Hey guys, I've been admitted to KU Leuven business major this year. Do you guys know anyone else taking bba?

Also, I noticed that KU Leuven doesn't have dormitories and I think this might be a real problem for non-eea students... so, how are you guys planning on getting housings? which month are you planning on going to Belgium?

You can apply for a residence hall from the university, but they only have around 300 rooms for international students. That's on the website. Other than that I think you can look around on Kotwijs and at least talk or email owners of kots about staying in the room when you get to Leuven and register.

I think as of now I'm planning on arriving September 3rd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Congratulations guys, I have just started my application process for BSc Industrial Sciences. How long did the "In-process" stage take you and how hard do you think it was to get accepted? Thanks.

I hope you got admitted. A graduate with Bsc industrial sciences is an engineer? Thanks
Original post by Gsnaj
I hope you got admitted. A graduate with Bsc industrial sciences is an engineer? Thanks

Still waiting for their decision 😭. Yes, Insustrial Sciences is the name of the Bachelor but it's under the Engineering faculty. You get to choose the discipline of your choice after first year.
Original post by ccecline

Hi, I just saw your post! I'm going to be a business major at KUL too (assuming you are talking about the undergraduate programme). I wish I could help more with your accommodation question though, but I live in Brussels, so I'll be at home. There is a student community like website called Stuvo+, check out the housing details on it.
Reply 19
Original post by sahabalaganesh
Hi, I just saw your post! I'm going to be a business major at KUL too (assuming you are talking about the undergraduate programme). I wish I could help more with your accommodation question though, but I live in Brussels, so I'll be at home. There is a student community like website called Stuvo+, check out the housing details on it.

Hi, thanks so much for your help! I'll definitely check out the site and hopefully because we're both majoring in business, we'll see each other a lot next year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending