The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because it means that you can get a quality degree while at the same time keeping options open to move into any industry that takes your fancy after you graduate?
Reply 2
personally i just find it interesting, and it opens a lot doors, especially if the degree if paired with something else (eg. accounting, marketing..).

also as mentioned above you can move into anywhere you like (apart from maybe medicine, or law :confused:).
Reply 4
are u sure its not boring??....
and...is there demand for it ...as in are there enuf jobs for business graudates...?
Reply 5
It's your opinion whether it's boring or not. If you've had no experience of it before, read a business book and see if it interests you.

And I can safely say that a business degree will unlock soooo many career opportunities for you.
Reply 6
natasha02
are u sure its not boring??....
and...is there demand for it ...as in are there enuf jobs for business graudates...?

i'm pretty sure i don't find it boring, although it does depend on the topic.
Reply 7
hmm ya i guess..

coz my dads like..im not sure theres jobs out there...adn im like how cud there not be...its just pure business...especially with the number of big companies...business has to be in demand...
btu as usual...parents dont listen to you unless u have some proof of wat ur saying
Reply 8
Business is the best degree subject ifyou wanna job. course loads of people don't think about a job when they first go to uni. They just study what they want. Then when you have to find a job at the end you find all the jobs are business. (or teaching but who wants to do that). So u find people who did history trying to get a management training job with a company. People who did business as a degree have a much better chance at least they know something about it.
Reply 9
I say medicine and law are both better degrees than business.
Reply 10
deekinee

I would say medicine is but not law....and business is such a popular course even at A-level. Even I hate the sound of it.:mad:
Reply 11
I'm doing a BSc in Management (first year) and I really can't recommend it for anyone who's not interested in doing a lot of work on data analysis etc. in Excel throughout your 3 years at Uni. I'm interested in going into marketing and pr so I'll reapply for a degree in media and communications.
Reply 12
^^wat do u mean by data analysis on excel...dont tell me ur on the pc most of the time...doing graphs and stuff...
Reply 13
In regards law, a great many people who actually become law professionals do converted business degrees.

Cannot for the life of me remember where I read that sorry.
Reply 14
Would you guys say E-business holds the same amount of respect with employers as normal business degrees? im doing bsc in e-business, and 3/4 is marketing,management and online businesses and 1/4 is computer related i.e. programming.
Reply 15
deekinee

No. They all bring great prospects. If anything, medicine is alot less flexible and alot more specific. As Alchemy said, alot of lawyers do Business degrees, and alot of managers do Law degrees, there is alot more flexibility between those two subjects, but the prospects are just as good.
Reply 16
natasha02
^^wat do u mean by data analysis on excel...dont tell me ur on the pc most of the time...doing graphs and stuff...

No, its just one module were we have to do very complex calculations in Excel (like 3-4 spreadsheets to get to the final solution in a problem). However, you will do more of this in year 2 and 3 if you will do a BSc in Management
Reply 17
alkaeda
Would you guys say E-business holds the same amount of respect with employers as normal business degrees? im doing bsc in e-business, and 3/4 is marketing,management and online businesses and 1/4 is computer related i.e. programming.

I don't know. All I know from working with e-marketing 2 years here in London is that is was very good to have a background and an understanding of web based programming and Photoshop. It really depends on what kind of jobs you will be looking for. If you have a degree in e business, your degree would of course help you to get a job which relates to e business / online marketing / web site management.

When you say programming, do you do a lot of maths in your degree? I have basic knowledge in c++/java/sql and advance knowledge of xhtml/css and im interested in changing to a degree in ebusiness (currently doing a bsc in management which includes a hell of a lot of maths - something im not really interested in!).
MrBing
No, its just one module were we have to do very complex calculations in Excel (like 3-4 spreadsheets to get to the final solution in a problem). However, you will do more of this in year 2 and 3 if you will do a BSc in Management

your at Cass, where you reapplying to and have you dropped out or you going to pass this year and stay on at cass in a different subjecT?
Reply 19
Dr Shrestha
your at Cass, where you reapplying to and have you dropped out or you going to pass this year and stay on at cass in a different subjecT?

I think I'm going to drop out after the first exams in January. Im applying first and foremost for Goldsmiths media and communcations degree.

I will not stay the whole year at Cass if I decide to go for another uni cos there are a quite high failure rate in two 1 year core modules based on last years figures. If I fail, I would have wasted a hell of a lot of money if I don't stay at Cass for the other 2 years and take the resit. Risk management from my side.

Latest

Trending

Trending