The Student Room Group

Leonard Nimoy dies at age 83

Reply 1
No point saying 'live long' in this case, is there?

Either way, Nimoy helped define a generation of SciFi fans, and will be remembered.
Reply 2
Original post by Arkasia
No point saying 'live long' in this case, is there?

Either way, Nimoy helped define a generation of SciFi fans, and will be remembered.

83 is a good age I think.
Reply 3
I am really saddened to hear this news :frown: I am a big fan of Star Trek and Spock, as you can tell. Thoughts are with his family, friends and fans. He was one of a kind. He did make it to a good age, still very sad that he has passed away though :frown:

"I have been and always shall be your friend."
Reply 4
Original post by miser
83 is a good age I think.

Would be lived in that case. Regardless of my needless pedantry, it would be horrific on my part if I were to make a big deal out of such an irrelevant side issue.
May the Force be with him.

Too soon? Too soon

R.I.P good sir
RIP Mr Spock.

83 isn't a bad age.

RIP Spock.
Reply 8
Sad news. Nimoy was a pleasant human being and his portrayal of Spock gave us an insight into humanity with all of its illogicality, greed and selfishness, and its good side as well; somewhat paradoxically given that Spock wished to distance himself from humanity.

Nimoy said that if he could be any other person, it would be Spock. So, unlike other actors, I don't think he would be unhappy with people saying 'Spock died' rather than 'Leonard Nimoy died'. In fact, he embraced his character even in his last tweet. As Gene Roddenberry said, Spock was the conscience of Star Trek: infinite diversity in infinite combinations, respect for all life forms, the needs of the many... the list goes on. Hopefully his portrayal will continue to inspire future generations both on an intellectual, logical level and on an ethical level - Nimoy, like Spock, was a vegetarian and inspired me to do the same.
Reply 9
apparently someone said he has a chip on his shoulder so he put his hand there ....
However will Sheldon cope? Poor guy will have an emotional breakdown!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
You simply must get one of these
vulcan-hoodie.jpg
Reply 12
If the meaning of life is 42, he should have made it to 84
sad news. He defined a generation of sci-fi and influenced the next.

Quick Reply

Latest