The Student Room Group

Where in London has a real human heart on display?

where can i take an own photography of a human heart.. are there any museums in london??
Original post by mshake
where can i take an own photography of a human heart.. are there any museums in london??

Heya, I'm going to put this in the medicine forum as I think maybe someone there would know :beard:
The Royal College of Surgeons has a museum that has loads of preserved samples on display. It's free to go in as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Can we ask why you want a picture?

You're not looking into a degree in murder are you?
Reply 4
Original post by A5ko
Can we ask why you want a picture?

You're not looking into a degree in murder are you?

Loool no it's for my gcse art .... We have to take own photography... I'm going to be making a model of a 3D human heart
Reply 5
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
The Royal College of Surgeons has a museum that has loads of preserved samples on display. It's free to go in as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
There are two museums at the Royal College of Surgeons of England (Lincoln's Inn Fields, London). The Hunterian Museum is open to the public (and can get quite busy) but the Wellcome Museum of Anatomy and Pathology is intended for healthcare professionals.

There are probably rules about photography which seems to be the case in most museums and so I wouldn't necessarily expect to be able to turn up and take photos. Your best bet is to contact them to explain what you would like to do and why. If they're feeling creative, they might help select a specimen and/or remove one from its display case. Or they might offer up one of the (increasingly ragged) embalmed specimens that are used (and handled) for surgical exams. If you're lucky you might even encounter Professor Ellis or Professor Mahedevan for a quick tutorial. I'd be disappointed if the RCS didn't try to encourage an early interest in anatomy...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending