The Student Room Group

Am I at fault here or is she being stupid/overreacting? How to change..

I was talking to my friend (girl) and I asked where what she is up to? She came on whatsapp, but didn't reply. I waited about an hour. She kept going on whatsapp but still no reply.

Then I got a little annoyed. And I messaged again saying "what happened? I'm waiting..."

And then she replied. She wrote:

"Hey man. I'm busy. U think I am on whatsapp 24hrs.."

I said yeah ok but you keep going on whatsapp but you can't reply to me?

The she says "Just wait. If I don't reply it means I do something..I'm busy"

I (wanting to avoid any unnecessary argument) just said ok my fault, I'm sorry and then she said "no need to man... it's ok not angry anymore"

Anyway we talked normal after that.

Is it my fault? Was I being too pushy and should I have waited for her to reply to my 1st message before messaging again?

The only reason I messaged again was because she kept going on whatsapp but she didn't reply to me and I was waiting.

Usually when we talk, it's pretty much instant replies.

Maybe I am a bit insistent but I don't like when she does that.

Anyway next time I won't "insist" again.

Also, I just get really agitated and annoyed when she does this. I don't know, when other people do it, I'm not too bothered, but when it's her, it bothers me.

So how do I stop being like this? I know I am at fault. I am just used to talking with her instant replies.

Scroll to see replies

Oi dupe, it ain't funny no more
Original post by shawn_o1
Oi dupe, it ain't funny no more

eh?
Original post by believeteam22
eh?

it's the umpteenth time you posted this. People are getting sick and tired
Reply 4
Stopped reading after second paragraph. Why on earth did you become annoyed if she didn't reply to you? Why do you feel entitled to become annoyed and expect (no, demand) her to reply to you instantly? You should have just waited, if she's not interested in talking to you it doesn't give you the right to get annoyed. Seriously man, come on now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OOOOOH it looks like your in love with her with her or something :wink:.

Why couldn't you just wait? its clear you want to be with her.
Reply 6
Whilst this could just be you being controlling, the girls I know (anecdotal, not general) always seem to be 'busy' or 'away', even when they are online and I can see them replying/posting stuff.
Lol is this serious?
You're in the wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're asking too many questions "why won't she reply to me?" "What is she doing?" it makes you sound like a needy mitch and no one wants that.
She's deliberately making you wait for replies while still using what's app. Bit daft for her to keep using it as she'd know about the "last seen" and "online" functions, presumably, so she may as well have just replied. She doesn't want to seem too available/wants you to be thinking of and waiting for her bla bla bla.
Original post by Cutty
Stopped reading after second paragraph. Why on earth did you become annoyed if she didn't reply to you? Why do you feel entitled to become annoyed and expect (no, demand) her to reply to you instantly? You should have just waited, if she's not interested in talking to you it doesn't give you the right to get annoyed. Seriously man, come on now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh lol it sounds dumb doesn't it? I wanted to talk to her, and I was waiting for her to reply, so I could continue with a conversation, but she didn't reply despite constantly going on whatsapp, and it just made me angry I guess..

Yh I should have waited. It's my fault.
Original post by Anonymous
OOOOOH it looks like your in love with her with her or something :wink:.

Why couldn't you just wait? its clear you want to be with her.

I am :frown: but she has a LDR BF and she loves him and plans to marry him so I have no chance. But I am not over her and I guess that's why small things such as this get to me easily.. Any advice?
Original post by Arkasia
Whilst this could just be you being controlling, the girls I know (anecdotal, not general) always seem to be 'busy' or 'away', even when they are online and I can see them replying/posting stuff.

Yh it just annoyed me I guess, she kept going online and talking to other people I guess, but not me :/
Original post by Orange s0da
You're asking too many questions "why won't she reply to me?" "What is she doing?" it makes you sound like a needy mitch and no one wants that.

Yh that's true. It's just that I like to talk quickly, and she just makes me wait - and still goes on whatsapp and it's annoying :/
Original post by Musie Suzie
She's deliberately making you wait for replies while still using what's app. Bit daft for her to keep using it as she'd know about the "last seen" and "online" functions, presumably, so she may as well have just replied. She doesn't want to seem too available/wants you to be thinking of and waiting for her bla bla bla.

Yh maybe. And then she says I am not ignoring you, I was busy etc.
Yh maybe. And then she says I am not ignoring you, I was busy etc.

You better not post this thread again (with a different title) or I'll be convinced that some tsr users are actually robots
You better not post this thread again (with a different title) or I'll be convinced that some tsr users are actually robots

No robots here.. What do I do?
No robots here.. What do I do?

Basically just stop posting the same thing over and over again
Basically just stop posting the same thing over and over again

Ok but what should I do about my whole situation?
You sound really clingy, which for me personally, makes me not to reply.

Quick Reply

Latest