The Student Room Group

St Dominics Sixth Form

I recently received an invitiation from St Dominics for a seminar. Does anyone who actually goes to St Domincs know what it is or has someone done theirs already? Will it increase my chance of getting accepted into St Dominics? And is it as informal as an Interview to an extent where i should be wearing a suit?

Scroll to see replies

what group are you in
Im going too, group C
i have no idea what's happening. I would assume you would just wear your school uniform, it pretty much straight after school. If not im sure you dont need to dress a certain way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
First year here :smile: I wouldn't say the seminar increases your chances of an offer. Honestly it's more of a 'why you should come to our sixth form college' presentation then anything else really.

No there is no dress code aha. If your given time is after school just go in school uniform, or if it's later in the evening then casual is fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AMIRITL
I recently received an invitiation from St Dominics for a seminar. Does anyone who actually goes to St Domincs know what it is or has someone done theirs already? Will it increase my chance of getting accepted into St Dominics? And is it as informal as an Interview to an extent where i should be wearing a suit?

group A
Thanks for the Help,

Im group B and its at 5:15 so i have time to go home and change clothes
omg same im in group b at 5.15
Does anyone who actually goes to school and has had the seminar know if the applicants are expected to ask questions or any other sort of thing?
+ i live right next to Woodhouse and ive already had an interview there so im most likely to go to woodhouse if i do well in the GCSE's
Original post by AMIRITL
+ i live right next to Woodhouse and ive already had an interview there so im most likely to go to woodhouse if i do well in the GCSE's

whats your predicted grades?
Reply 10
I'm group B at 5:15!! I don't think anyone else from my school has been invited though :s-smilie:
Reply 11
2nd year student at St Doms here, I didn't go to the admission seminar thing lol but still got in.

Check out my Q&A thread on Doms:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2497455

or ask me questions here :biggrin:
Group B as well 😁
50:50 whether to stay at my 6 form or go St Some if I get in!
am i the only girl in group b lol
1st year at doms who went to two these seminars, if u have any questions feel free to ask. Btw don't wear a suit, maybe wear school uniform? I did (and so did many others) but that was because my school was close to ge college
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
I'm a girl in group B! :smile:
Wooo! What are tour predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. How big are class sizes
2. Do you have ski trips, language exchange trips and expeditions?
3. Do you do maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
8A*s 2As (both core and additional science :frown:) but I don't plan on doing science so it's all cool :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest