The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Predicted grades

Hi
I got 4 A's and B at higher level in maths chemistry physics computing and a b in french. I applied for imperial and a day before I sent my application i got told my predicted grades for advanced higher which was 3 C's at advanced and a B in my higher, I knew this would really affect my application but my teachers refused to increase my predictions because of their "professional judgement", I think its because of this that i haven't even been asked to go to an interview. I recently just done my prelims and received 3 A's (2 band 1's) and I got a C in advanced chemistry. This is significantly higher than my predictions so I was wondering should i contact imperial and tell them this or is it pointless. Thanks
Original post by drakopro
Hi
I got 4 A's and B at higher level in maths chemistry physics computing and a b in french. I applied for imperial and a day before I sent my application i got told my predicted grades for advanced higher which was 3 C's at advanced and a B in my higher, I knew this would really affect my application but my teachers refused to increase my predictions because of their "professional judgement", I think its because of this that i haven't even been asked to go to an interview. I recently just done my prelims and received 3 A's (2 band 1's) and I got a C in advanced chemistry. This is significantly higher than my predictions so I was wondering should i contact imperial and tell them this or is it pointless. Thanks

Oh my god you are me!!!!!

I got worse grades than you last year - had some extenuating circumstances though - and ended up with a prediction of 3Cs and an A at advanced higher.

Our teachers have majorly ****ed us over, I ended up getting 3 As (2 AH and an H) and a B in AH French.

Because of my predicted grades I had to aim at lower down unis (except Edinburgh and Nottingham). What I did was: I got my guidance teacher to inform the unis I applied to about how unfair my predicted grades were and to send evidence of my prelim results.

Ended up getting an offer to Nottingham and Lancaster as well as an unconditional from Reading.

I'd say you should get your guidance teacher to contact imperial with your new results. If you still want to go there but get rejected taking a gap year would be a good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
Oh my god you are me!!!!!

I got worse grades than you last year - had some extenuating circumstances though - and ended up with a prediction of 3Cs and an A at advanced higher.

Our teachers have majorly ****ed us over, I ended up getting 3 As (2 AH and an H) and a B in AH French.

Because of my predicted grades I had to aim at lower down unis (except Edinburgh and Nottingham). What I did was: I got my guidance teacher to inform the unis I applied to about how unfair my predicted grades were and to send evidence of my prelim results.

Ended up getting an offer to Nottingham and Lancaster as well as an unconditional from Reading.

I'd say you should get your guidance teacher to contact imperial with your new results. If you still want to go there but get rejected taking a gap year would be a good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but the thing is I've got 3 unconditonals and a conditional so far at pretty good unis like Edinburgh and strathclyde so I wouldn't really consider a gap year. I'll ask my guidance teacher but do you think its too late because I heard alot of offers are already out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending