The Student Room Group

Why do guys ignore messages?

We've met a handful of times and kissed, we seem to get on well, but recently he's been ignoring me? Any ideas?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The biggest reason a guy will ignore messages for your situation is that he is probably just a little scared, he may of came out of a relationship recently or in fact never had one and so he is worried about things developing with you further than he may of expected them too. don't worry he will get back to you shortly just give him a little time to clear his head
Reply 2
or maybe he is afraid to loose you?? guys are very proud beings and hide their emotions. I hate it
Maybe met someone new/just wasn't that into you.

Regardless, move on. If he wants to talk he can contact you, but don't wait for him.
Reply 4
Same as girls. They're arrogant and not that in to you really.
Reply 5
I'm being ignored right now just because we had a two hour conversation about who knew London better. Now I've been told to **** off and had a text saying bye heard nothing since. We were getting close known him for two years recently brought him a macbook all through the day we were being cute and stuff but apparently due to the stupid conversation I'm ridiculous and he doesn't have time for me so he's throwing it all away, guess I'm just very foolish. To think he cared for me unless he just needs space but annoying he won't just tell me that, as right now it seems he is just as Zarek said 'arrogant and not that into you really'
Reply 6
Girls are guilty of this too! Some guys just don't have the balls to tell you they're not into you. Recently I had a party and this guy my friend me on grindr came. He stayed over and told him he'd text him as he left. But in two days he didn't and when my friend messaged him he didn't reply. I guess he just wasn't that into him and couldn't be bothered to tell him
Reply 7
Original post by icebreaker201
We've met a handful of times and kissed, we seem to get on well, but recently he's been ignoring me? Any ideas?

1. He is shy (wants to appear less clingy by showing that he does not feel a need to reply straight away)
2. He is not that interested
3. The very idea that you are trying to talk to him gives him an erection and he masturbates (believe me this is more common than one would think)
Maybe he's busy, losing interest or trying to not look clingy.
Reply 10
Original post by Borgia
1. He is shy (wants to appear less clingy by showing that he does not feel a need to reply straight away)
2. He is not that interested
3. The very idea that you are trying to talk to him gives him an erection and he masturbates (believe me this is more common than one would think)

What the hell, the last one is crazy, i've never heard of anyone do that!
Original post by kumon

Lol it's not like anyone would admit to doing something like that
Reply 12
Original post by Jibola240

SO how the hell does he come up with that (lots of guys do it" :rofl: he is chatting sheet
Reply 13
Original post by kumon

Original post by Jibola240

Original post by kumon
SO how the hell does he come up with that (lots of guys do it" :rofl: he is chatting sheet

I did it. And then I mentioned it and a few other guys did too
Original post by Borgia
I did it. And then I mentioned it and a few other guys did too

You're a brave man
Reply 15
Original post by icebreaker201

My mate does this to girls on the regular. He likes a challenge so if they come on too strong or are making it too easy for him then he will distance himself, even if he likes them because he finds it boring and after a while, he will stop talking to them.
Perhaps you're making it too easy for him and he's bored? This doesn't apply to every guy but it could be an explanation.
Original post by Ronhaar
My mate does this to girls on the regular. He likes a challenge so if they come on too strong or are making it too easy for him then he will distance himself, even if he likes them because he finds it boring and after a while, he will stop talking to them.
Perhaps you're making it too easy for him and he's bored? This doesn't apply to every guy but it could be an explanation.

Probably for the best. Obv not marriage material.
Original post by Ronhaar

Oh my god, do real people actually play these childish mind games?
Reply 18
Original post by black_mamba
Oh my god, do real people actually play these childish mind games?

Haha! He actually does the "3 day rule" so e.g. when he meets a girl at a club he either waits for them to text him or he has to wait 3 days before he texts her first. Also, when they do eventually start texting he will leave it about half an hour to an hour before he replies.
I would assume he's not interested/bored of you. Now if only he had the decency to tell you that himself! :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest