The Student Room Group

Do you think my a-level choices work well together?

I am not sure what I want to study at uni or what career I want to pursue.
I am achieving an A* in maths, art and physics and an A in chemistry
I think I am going to study these for options at A level
Any opinions?
I knew someone who did that combo, was fine for them :h:
Reply 2
These sound good, maths, chemistry and physics can be used in the sciences or engineering (which requires 2 sciences/maths) and art opens another door again.
Are you trolling?! ART ****ing REALLY?!?! Art is a mickey mouse subject LOL you must be taking the piss.

Replace it with either biology, further maths or computing, if none of them work for you then PLEASE for the love of humanity take another facilitating subject.
Not only that but art is also a ridiculous waste of time, trust me my sister and older cousin both did art; my sister got **** grades at AS and my cousin had to retake year 12.
Reply 5
Original post by lonely-otaku
Not only that but art is also a ridiculous waste of time, trust me my sister and older cousin both did art; my sister got **** grades at AS and my cousin had to retake year 12.

just because THEY've failed it doesn't mean it's a waste of time for others, it's a waste of time for THEM. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's irrelevant to others.

Anyway like said above, for engineering you only need maths and two sciences, so why not have your fourth as something you enjoy AND get UCAS points for? It's good to show hobbies and also Art A-level requires A LOT of time and dedication...
(Well done on your A*s btw OP)
Original post by nerg
just because THEY've failed it doesn't mean it's a waste of time for others, it's a waste of time for THEM. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's irrelevant to others.

First, LMAO at your overuse of capitalisation.

I didn't say they failed art; I said my sister got **** grades and my cousin had to retake year 12. Can you even ****ing read?!

My sister got BCDD - the B was in Art. She spent so much time on that **** subject that it affected her other grades. Had she done something else, I'd say she would have been able to get at LEAST BBBB, even though her Iq is just over 20 points lower than mine. My cousin on the other hand, got DEUU - failure- so he had to retake the whole year. Same goes for him with the amount of time wasted (the D was in art btw).

And it's not that I "can't do it", anyone can ****ing draw/paint/write about art history. I just don't want to waste my life doing pointless **** when I could be doing STEM- something that will ACTUALLY contribute to society.
Original post by lonely-otaku
First, LMAO at your overuse of capitalisation.

I didn't say they failed art; I said my sister got **** grades and my cousin had to retake year 12. Can you even ****ing read?!

My sister got BCDD - the B was in Art. She spent so much time on that **** subject that it affected her other grades. Had she done something else, I'd say she would have been able to get at LEAST BBBB, even though her Iq is just over 20 points lower than mine. My cousin on the other hand, got DEUU - failure- so he had to retake the whole year. Same goes for him with the amount of time wasted (the D was in art btw).

And it's not that I "can't do it", anyone can ****ing draw/paint/write about art history. I just don't want to waste my life doing pointless **** when I could be doing STEM- something that will ACTUALLY contribute to society.

Y'know, you are allowed a breadth of interests that, dare I say it, escapes the confinements of STEM.

Why are you so aggressive?
Original post by Jooooshy
Y'know, you are allowed a breadth of interests that, dare I say it, escapes the confinements of STEM.

Why are you so aggressive?

Not aggressive, just fairly confident in my abilities. ;-)

Quick Reply

Latest