The Student Room Group

University Interview

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I've got a university interview soon for computer science.

In my personal statement, I talked about what I did in my course and I mentioned that we had made some applications with windows visual basic for the course. I went on to talk about the different applications that we made for the course.

Whilst this is true, this was a long time ago, so I won't be able to explain anything in depth. Also, we had resources available which made making the applications significantly easier. I'm worried that they will ask me complicated questions in the interview regarding this; I won't be able to answer these questions and they might think that I am lying.

I also talked about how I am learning Java at home, but I haven't done much of this since I wrote my personal statement. In all honesty though, I'm not too concerned about this, since I feel that I can explain any basic questions they might ask.

Anyone with interview experience, do you think that they will think I'm lying?
Well it's probably the most interesting point you made on your interview, better get learning, or they will find out you're a liar.
Reply 2
Original post by Andrew657Thomas
Well it's probably the most interesting point you made on your interview, better get learning, or they will find out you're a liar.

I got a distinction in software development and design as well as event driven programming, so I did actually make the applications.

Any non troll-like comments?
Reply 3
Can't you just revise what you learned before? If you already learned it once then it shouldn't take too long to get it back into your memory, surely.
Reply 4
Original post by Zabalara
Can't you just revise what you learned before? If you already learned it once then it shouldn't take too long to get it back into your memory, surely.

I'm doing that with Java at the moment, that's probably the best option. I just hope they don't ask any advance questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending