The Student Room Group

Relationships are for the weak...needy...and users

unless you uncontrollably fall

folks who decide they "need" a man/woman...are basically saying they cant look after themselves

why cant you pick yourself up when down? you're weak

why cant you be there for yourself and give yourself advice? you're weak...immature and devoid of wisdom

why do you "need" somebody to hold at night? you are lonely...if not socially then mentally

they make me feel good/happy? why cant you make yourself feel good? weak...its plenty other things in life to make you feel good...you are too naive to know...plus a user.......i could understand if they made you feel like nohow before but thats not the case most of the time

a lotta relationships start with physical attraction...so basically if he or she wasnt good lookin...you wouldnt have all these feelings......

the popular concept of relationships are for selfish people...i wanna date somebody cuz i wanna fall in love or i need happiness...its never i wanna give somebody that experience and happiness of being in love...its all about me...

unless you date somebody to make them happy for their benefit...being altruistic....OR you uncontrollably fall in love....then this doesnt apply to you

anything else...the more popular reasons...i need love...i need somebody to hold/affection...i need somebody there for me....etc...you are a user...weak..needy...incapable of lookin after yourself....

the coldest part is that we have 20+ year olds in this predicament...pathetic

simple

Scroll to see replies

You sound bitter, aw did someone break your heart.:rolleyes:
I agree with you that 'needing' a partner is indeed quite weak and if I may say it pathetic. But wanting to be in a relationship so you can have enjoyable experiences together, build memories and share an emotional bond is a perfectly normal and human response.
Reply 3
No man is an island by the very definition there is no such thing as independence and truly being able to look after yourself.. We are all dependant on each other our friends, both of our parents who brought us into this world, co workers, service providers and so so much more including other beings. This planet has over 6 billion people on it so how can you say you don't need anyone do you really feel you are that special?

Yes granted there are some people who will use others to fill gaps within themselves and it's important that we love and take care of ourselves but at the same point yes we all live together and we all need one another to make it work. And in terms of romance/partnership there are billions of people how can you say you don't need men/women? People nowadays forget the value and power of other humans and other living beings and are too caught up in the material world for which they sacrifice so many things. Building these fancy careers and houses but when you die the money doesn't remember you but the family you loved and nurtured will never forget. Yes you are right we shouldn't love people for what it can do for us I think when you truly value and appreciate someone you would go through hell fire to protect them which is strength not weakness. Indeed there is that possessive 'love' based on insecurity and ownership but that is only the surface level when it comes to love. It goes much deeper.

I am a woman and I think men are to be cherished! We need each other we need to return to each other and not let society drive us further apart and into chaos.
sounds like a virgin, i suspect an unattractive one. you can't help who you fall for, I'm in an LDR, I've been in a relationship for two years- I like the aspect of making people feel good but it also makes me feel good in return so I guess I'm no altruist- I must be weak..... but I'm not. I think people with bad grammar and spelling are weak. YOU ARE WEAK OP!!!!
Reply 5
Makes me really sad to read that at night

Posted from TSR Mobile
Needing a relationship is for the weak. I feel that my love was quite selfish too. Even though my love for her made me depressed, I never gave her anything of value. I could have helped but I didn't.
While I agree that "needing" a relationship can make a person come across as weak personally I'd just like to get into a relationship to share some great experience with someone, love & care for them, all while developing a strong bond with them :smile: It would be something that would be nice although if I wasn't meant to be & remained single forever then it certainly wouldn't be the end of the world. I still think I could live a very fruitful life :h:
Reply 8
I hate myself knowing that a girl who isn't attractive at all likes me and is nice to me, and I am nice to her back, but I don't message her because i'm not physically attracted to her and don't want to break her heart when I get someone who is more hot :s-smilie: I just hate it.
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
I agree with you that 'needing' a partner is indeed quite weak and if I may say it pathetic. But wanting to be in a relationship so you can have enjoyable experiences together, build memories and share an emotional bond is a perfectly normal and human response.

What you just quoted made no sense, both needing and wanting are the same thing, someone may feel the need to be in a relationship to experience the joys that come from having a partner, and the same applies for wanting, so I don't agree with your analogy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Zachary T-H
sounds like a virgin, i suspect an unattractive one. you can't help who you fall for, I'm in an LDR, I've been in a relationship for two years- I like the aspect of making people feel good but it also makes me feel good in return so I guess I'm no altruist- I must be weak..... but I'm not. I think people with bad grammar and spelling are weak. YOU ARE WEAK OP!!!!

LOL... sounds like someone whos never been in a relationship and has watched too many soaps and cartoons about relationships...

I met mine on T.S.R actually - it just kinda happened. When you talk to a person for 5 months every day and hear their story despite them acting like a wannabe cool boy. Despite the fact I did alot of ****, the ONLY person who's voice can calm me down when I'm having a panic attack is that boy.
That boy is the only one who saw me go through hell and survive.
I did not need him, we both tried to break it off. But we were like two seperate lions in cages from two different worlds and he was actually intelligent.

So unless youre calling marriage, brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers which also count as relationships weak and dependant on others... then youre pretty sad.

Find something else to rant at. Next topic please? :smile:
Reply 11
So true. Harsh but real. Appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Dr Lover Lover
What you just quoted made no sense, both needing and wanting are the same thing, someone may feel the need to be in a relationship to experience the joys that come from having a partner, and the same applies for wanting, so I don't agree with your analogy.

Needing and wanting are not the same thing. I want a donut right now, but Idon't need one. I could live perfectly happily without going out and getting a donut. Does that make me weak if I decide to get a donut, because I know donuts are an enjoyable experience? No. Damn I rock at analogies.
Reply 13
NO, success in human relationships and spreading your genes is a success trait..
Original post by lucaf
Needing and wanting are not the same thing. I want a donut right now, but Idon't need one. I could live perfectly happily without going out and getting a donut. Does that make me weak if I decide to get a donut, because I know donuts are an enjoyable experience? No. Damn I rock at analogies.

Your analogy is both mundane and out dated. One which I have heard before,the old donut analogy is so so tedious.:hand:
I agree, I think people who are in need of a relationship are not ready for one, they're basically using the relationship to try and fulfil themselves, but such fulfilment can only come from yourself and not from external sources

Only people who have got their shi* together can ever come into a relationship, because then you're not over relying on each other and you will have less drama because you're not expecting loads from the other person, you're not expecting them to do your fulfilment for you, you're already sorted
Original post by katbob
LOL... sounds like someone whos never been in a relationship and has watched too many soaps and cartoons about relationships...

I met mine on T.S.R actually - it just kinda happened. When you talk to a person for 5 months every day and hear their story despite them acting like a wannabe cool boy. Despite the fact I did alot of ****, the ONLY person who's voice can calm me down when I'm having a panic attack is that boy.
I did not need him, we both tried to break it off. But we were like two seperate lions in cages from two different worlds and he was actually intelligent.

So unless youre calling marriage, brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers which also count as relationships weak and dependant on others... then youre pretty sad.

Wait, I guess the "Lol" part was directed at me an the relationship stuff directed at op because I've been in a relationship for two years XD
Reply 17
Original post by biggronn
unless you uncontrollably fall

folks who decide they "need" a man/woman...are basically saying they cant look after themselves

why cant you pick yourself up when down? you're weak

why cant you be there for yourself and give yourself advice? you're weak...immature and devoid of wisdom

why do you "need" somebody to hold at night? you are lonely...if not socially then mentally

they make me feel good/happy? why cant you make yourself feel good? weak...its plenty other things in life to make you feel good...you are too naive to know...plus a user.......i could understand if they made you feel like nohow before but thats not the case most of the time

a lotta relationships start with physical attraction...so basically if he or she wasnt good lookin...you wouldnt have all these feelings......

the popular concept of relationships are for selfish people...i wanna date somebody cuz i wanna fall in love or i need happiness...its never i wanna give somebody that experience and happiness of being in love...its all about me...

unless you date somebody to make them happy for their benefit...being altruistic....OR you uncontrollably fall in love....then this doesnt apply to you

anything else...the more popular reasons...i need love...i need somebody to hold/affection...i need somebody there for me....etc...you are a user...weak..needy...incapable of lookin after yourself....

the coldest part is that we have 20+ year olds in this predicament...pathetic

simple

You sound like an Elliot Rodger
Reply 18
Original post by katbob

telling us about your pathetic internet relationship like we care? hahahahaha
Reply 19
Original post by Zachary T-H

...im 6'2...lightskinned half puerto rican and st lucian...i do martial arts and swim a lot....unattractive? lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooo

Latest

Trending

Trending