The Student Room Group

He has a girlfriend, I have a crush

Hi please keep this anon! Thanks!

I met a really nice guy at a uni society he's an absolute sweetheart and has been so helpful and always makes effort to make sure I feel welcome and spent extra time training me up. He always makes sure to sit next to me as well at meetings and weekly socials although he's friends with almost everyone there.

He is just my type (including all the cute quirky things I like which I won't into!) too with an amazing personality. Too be true alas - he told me he has a girlfriend (I didn't ask it came up naturally in conversation).

I still go red when he talks to me and smile awkwardly too although I try to fight it the more I fight it the harder it gets. I find myself looking at his lips and you know the stuff you do when you're attracted to someone. Now I'm not saying I'm in love with him or anything of course that would be silly, I suppose just think it's a bit of a shame! But I don't want to feel attracted to him any more it's making me feel guilty and I never want to become a woman who steals or things of stealing someone. I've never liked someone who was 'taken' so I don't know what to do. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks :smile:

Also I'm super shy around guys as it is as I've never had a boyfriend. I'm still waiting for my special one! :colondollar:
Well, you can't do much in these situations except try to forget. Don't feel guilty though, not your fault.
Reply 2
I was in a similar situation! However, what I started to was hang around with him when he's with his girlfriend it made it a lot better! Because when ur alone with him ur more tempted to get these feelings because his main attention is on u or u feel like it is cz well u just are in awe about this guy. Now there both my really good mates especially his girlfriend! I'm sure someone else will come along and show u why it never was meant to be that one! :smile: good luck! Other than that I'm unsure.if his girlfriend doesn't go to that uni then u need to stay away for a bit. There's no harm in being civil with him just keep a distance and start talkin to other guys...u never know speakin to another guy u may start to like him :smile: so yeah!! Enough of me chattin too much!! Good luck Hun!! let me know how it goes :smile:
Reply 3
I had this for 5 ****ing months at university, but this is how I got over it.

Imagine if you were his girlfriend and someone else was having sex with him and you didn't know. That would be cheating and people hate cheaters.

Also instead, when I see a hot girl or in your case guy think this.

"You see a pretty flower, you appreciate its beauty, so you don't tear it out of the ground and watch it die" instead just take a deep breath and let the feeling pass.

7 BILLION ****ing people, you'll meet loads of guys trust me :smile:
Back down or go for what you want
Original post by kumon
I had this for 5 ****ing months at university, but this is how I got over it.

Imagine if you were his girlfriend and someone else was having sex with him and you didn't know. That would be cheating and people hate cheaters.

No people don't care. And even so,does it matter what other people hate?
Reply 6
Original post by RoyalMarine
No people don't care. And even so,does it matter what other people hate?

You wouldn't care if your gf cheated on you? Wow you're a weired exception, most people have a concept of
LOYALTY
Original post by kumon
You wouldn't care if your gf cheated on you? Wow you're a weired exception, most people have a concept of
LOYALTY

I mean other people. I would say most people don't care about 'loyalty' to get their way.I don't hear people boycotting Angelina Jolie's films
Reply 8
Original post by RoyalMarine
I mean other people. I would say most people don't care about 'loyalty' to get their way.I don't hear people boycotting Angelina Jolie's films

She is a paid actress along with bradd pitt who does the same, they have mutual consensus, this thread is about most people who aren't paid A list celebrities.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I never want to become a woman who steals or things of stealing someone.

He isn't anyones property.
Reply 10
Just forget him because at the very end you might get hurt.
Reply 11
Wait in the wings, when he falls single, pounce..

Quick Reply

Latest