The Student Room Group

English descriptive writing - busy airport terminal

Hi anyone done this could you please tell me how to get best grade possible plzzz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Headlines and sub-headings (concise and include a device)
Sophisticated Vocabulary
Variety of punctuation
Sentences short and long
Variety of devices repetition, similes, metaphors, alliteration, groups of three, superlatives, rhetorical.
Paragraphs single word paragraph, single sentence paragraph, mirror paragraph.
Facts, expert opinions
EVERY SENTENCE INCLUDES DEVICE - difficult but try..

If you don't understand any of these tips, don't hesitate to ask me. This is my strong point in english
Reply 2
Original post by DTonesXD
Headlines and sub-headings (concise and include a device)
Sophisticated Vocabulary
Variety of punctuation
Sentences short and long
Variety of devices repetition, similes, metaphors, alliteration, groups of three, superlatives, rhetorical.
Paragraphs single word paragraph, single sentence paragraph, mirror paragraph.
Facts, expert opinions
EVERY SENTENCE INCLUDES DEVICE - difficult but try..

If you don't understand any of these tips, don't hesitate to ask me. This is my strong point in english

Ty what do u mean by a device. And you give me like a really good describe sentence so I can see :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A few ideas you could include:
*how emotional people are to greet/say goodbye to their acquaintances.
*people running to not be late for a flight
*seeing planes take off from a big window
*tourists starting a new adventure
*description of the terminal itself like how high the ceiling is and how polished the floor is until you can see your reflection in it.
Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by ¡Muy bien!
A few ideas you could include:
*how emotional people are to greet/say goodbye to their acquaintances.
*people running to not be late for a flight
*seeing planes take off from a big window
*tourists starting a new adventure
*description of the terminal itself like how high the ceiling is and how polished the floor is until you can see your reflection in it.
Good luck!

Could you give me an example sentence plz :smile:
Original post by Asad_2015
Could you give me an example sentence plz :smile:

I'm sorry but I'm not good in writing the sentences themselves, just the ideas. Ask someone in the creative writing section
I'm sorry but I'm not good in writing the sentences themselves, just the ideas. Ask someone in the creative writing section

Do you happen to be Spanish(assuming this by your username)

To the op- you should use alliterations, adjectives, the five senses to describe the atmosphere etc, good vocabulary and bring your story to life.
Original post by German123
Do you happen to be Spanish(assuming this by your username).

Lol actually not, but I'm doing Spanish at a level!

Are you German then?:tongue:

Nope. This is what a lot people think on here but I suppose Poland and Germany are close to each other. I did German for GCSE though.

I find languages great in the sense that I would like to see a foreigner speak my language(Polish)

Languages are beautiful and I have seen youtube videos of people speaking like 2o languages which really is fascinating and making me want to try that out. These people must be gifted and talented at languages to be speaking so fluently.

Spanish seems to be a lot easier than German imo:smile:
Original post by German123

x

I agree about Spanish being easier than German, though I still would have liked to speak German a lot!
I saw these videos too. I wish I were multilingual..
I agree about Spanish being easier than German, though I still would have liked to speak German a lot!
I saw these videos too. I wish I were multilingual..

Same here. For some people it make take ages to learn a new language but others can pick it up quickly.

So far I can speak only 2 languages which are English and Polish.

I really do not want to forget Polish language because languages are really important.
A device is a particular word pattern, figure of speech, combination of wordsounds, etc., used in a literary work to evoke a desired effect or arousea desired reaction in the reader:rhetorical devices.
Reply 13
Original post by DTonesXD
A device is a particular word pattern, figure of speech, combination of wordsounds, etc., used in a literary work to evoke a desired effect or arousea desired reaction in the reader:rhetorical devices.

Can u help me out with a starter sentence plzzzz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending