The Student Room Group

ok im a little late but can i still get in?

been unsure of which course to do but finally decided an llb is for me. I've written my PS and the application should be sent this friday.
i applied to: kings,manc,notts,warwick,leicester and durham. i havent sat the Lnat yet but do critical thinking which i hear helps.
gcses were 5a 6b 5As at as predicted 4a's at alevel bio,chem,law,crit do scince a levels hinder me, can anybody give me any advice on what my chances are and if i should apply to more lesser unis

thanks xxxx
Reply 1
polarman
been unsure of which course to do but finally decided an llb is for me. I've written my PS and the application should be sent this friday.
i applied to: kings,manc,notts,warwick,leicester and durham. i havent sat the Lnat yet but do critical thinking which i hear helps.
gcses were 5a 6b 5As at as predicted 4a's at alevel bio,chem,law,crit do scince a levels hinder me, can anybody give me any advice on what my chances are and if i should apply to more lesser unis

thanks xxxx

I think you'll strugle to get into Warwick and maybe Durham, and science A levels do not hinder you.
Reply 2
Well, your A-levels aren't impressive. Critical thinking is useful for LLB and especially for the LNAT. However, the law A2 is regarded as a 'bad' A-Level by many universities and if you have the chance, change it for something else.
Reply 3
WokSz
Well, your A-levels aren't impressive. Critical thinking is useful for LLB and especially for the LNAT. However, the law A2 is regarded as a 'bad' A-Level by many universities and if you have the chance, change it for something else.

To be fair i think only a small number really disregard it. (Cambridge , LSE as its on their blacklist). However the majority do accept it. A student form our college got into oxford llb and she did a2 law. You may find quite a few people who have done A2 law and gotten into to do law llb.
But i can understand your point as unis want to start off from scratch as i know that some students who have done a2 law think they know it all and everything but obviously it is miles different from a - level degree level.
Reply 4
i think bio and chem should give it some clout but i admit law a level was a bad choice far too easy. If i were to mantain AAAA would by chances be quashed by lack of a*, im pretty sure most law applicants get staright a's at a level with a sprinkling of a*'s at gcse right?
I think you should have a reasonable chance, obviously there are some concerns outlined above... not quite sure why you would have durham and warwick prpoblems though and not KCL, manchester or notts lol. If your app is hindered, then you will struggle at all the top schools.

Latest

Trending

Trending