The Student Room Group

Which supermarket do you prefer? and why?

Sainsbury's
Tesco
Asda
Waitrose
M&S
Lidl
Aldi
Morrisons

Also, which do you hate? and why?

Scroll to see replies

Also. Seems the cheapest. And has knock offs of all my favourite brands. i.e. pringles, walkers, etc.
anything but waitrose, that place is a ****ing dump. stale bread and ridiculously expensive ready meals.
Reply 3
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
M&S because of the orgasmic voice adverts.

Yes. The orgasmic voice adverts says it all
Reply 4
Original post by cole-slaw
anything but waitrose, that place is a ****ing dump. stale bread and ridiculously expensive ready meals.

What about M&S?
Asda, Lidl and Aldi.
I f*cking hate ASDA, their food is so low quality. I like Sainsburys and Tescos' large variety of food, never been to Waitrose before. I really like M&S for treating myself because their food is good quality :smile:
I quite like Sainsbury's myself. The food is noticeably better than the likes of Tesco, but the prices aren't any higher.
Reply 8
Lidl. Cheap and to the point.
Definitely Lidl.

Op- you have skipped Iceland.
Reply 10
Original post by O133
I quite like Sainsbury's myself. The food is noticeably better than the likes of Tesco, but the prices aren't any higher.

I agree. I also like Sainsbury's and I do shop there. I used to shop at tesco, the downside, shopping at tesco are the shopping bags, they are weak, and rips easily.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by EllainKahlo
I f*cking hate ASDA, their food is so low quality. I like Sainsburys and Tescos' large variety of food, never been to Waitrose before. I really like M&S for treating myself because their food is good quality :smile:

Yes. I like M&S for treating myself too.
ASDA and Morrisons - they have a good product selection and they're affordable for most people. I love doing a weekly shop for £10 at supermarkets like these. I also do like M&S to treat myself; I love their snacks and their chocolate sponge pudding.
Asda for basics/affordable
M&S for the quality
M&S for quality, Costco for the QUANTITY :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tesco

Because it's the only store I know my way around so I cba finding everything in another one
Reply 16
Lidl, it's the cheapest and stocks some amazing items.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CTinTin14
What about M&S?

M&S is a clothing store with a few aisles of overpriced ready meals for old rich bachelors who can't cook. No-one in their right minds does their food shopping there.
I prefer Sainsbury's own brand food but I like Asda for everything else.

(We don't have an Aldi or Tesco and I don't like Lidl.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
for me, my parents do the food shopping at waitrose and m&s. I think the own brand food quality is so much better than the other supermarkets stated. The prices may be slightly higher, but it's worth it if I'm honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending