The Student Room Group

people threatening and shouting abuse in the street

I get this all the time. Does anyone else get this in their local area where maybe people will shout abuse at them or say something or cough deliberately. Event though these things are low level they are still incredibly tedious and annoying. They genuinely tend to be unprovoked and random.

Scroll to see replies

Had general abuse occasionally, though usually its sexual remarks that get shouted at me.
do you live in a city if you do thats why then.
OP, do u living in chav infested areas such a Peckham, Brixton...etc?
Taunton (Somerset) is a bare racist town, esp at night!
no I live in a small town in a relatively nice area but it is still quite a chavvy town. I thought it was relatively common although a lot of it is late at night.
Destroy them!
Reply 7
Why do you get this all the time? Is there any particular reason?
Blend in more.

Wear tracksuit bottoms, a hoody, sneakers, and copy the way they walk.
Hardly ever in central london
I have never witnessed it nor had it done to me.
Reply 11
Original post by Guy Secretan
I get this all the time. Does anyone else get this in their local area where maybe people will shout abuse at them or say something or cough deliberately. Event though these things are low level they are still incredibly tedious and annoying. They genuinely tend to be unprovoked and random.

Ever thought of reporting it?
Reply 12
I used to but it doesn't happen anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gott
Bragging?

It's nothing to be jealous about?? I can make you feel unsafe, violated and objectified. Don't be crude..
Original post by Gott
Bragging?

No.
Original post by Gott
No you can't :wink:

That reply doesn't even make sense? I can't what?
Original post by Gott
Well at least you know the reason why you get them even if they're ill recieved (unless they're drunk :wink:)

Various reasons. Its not just attractive women that get crude remarks yelled at them from across the street you know. They don't care who they yell at so long as it has tits.
Original post by Gott
Fair enough actualy, I don't supose they're particularly... poetical :laugh:

Not at all. I don't particularly find "nice tits love" or "I'll **** you sideways" particularly poetic.
Blow them a kiss and remember you're fabulous!
Reply 19
Only hear any abuse and threats at night time from drunks after leaving a club.

Surprisingly, chavs are far more peaceful than them :s

Quick Reply

Latest