The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Still waiting the decision for psychology. Anyone?

Hi everyone. I'm Nicky. I'm new here. I just want to know if it's normal that I'm stilling waiting for an offer. I applied for the psychology course with placement at Bath in early September and they didn't reply me up to now. I'm really worried cuz I've got offers from Durham and Birmingham and I'm only waiting for Bath. Bath is my first choice and I really like this uni. Having an offer from bath will definitely make my day. Btw I'm from China and I'm really looking forward to studying in UK :smile: sorry for my bad English:tongue:
Original post by NickyNM
Hi everyone. I'm Nicky. I'm new here. I just want to know if it's normal that I'm stilling waiting for an offer. I applied for the psychology course with placement at Bath in early September and they didn't reply me up to now. I'm really worried cuz I've got offers from Durham and Birmingham and I'm only waiting for Bath. Bath is my first choice and I really like this uni. Having an offer from bath will definitely make my day. Btw I'm from China and I'm really looking forward to studying in UK :smile: sorry for my bad English:tongue:

Hi!
I'm also waiting for an offer/rejection from Bath so I don't think you're the only one! When I looked on their website they said that they might not tell us anything until the end of March :s-smilie: Hopefully we'll find out soon :smile:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by NickyNM

I applied for the 3 year Pscyhology course without a placement in October, and I'm still waiting for a reply too!

We definitely aren't the only ones, though I think they have handed out some offers already... :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Thank you so much! May I ask you about you A-Level results? I think I'm pretty low for Bath as it is very competitive in psychology... My predicted score is only AAA... :frown: do I neccessarily need an A* for the course? Thanks
Original post by NickyNM
Thank you so much! May I ask you about you A-Level results? I think I'm pretty low for Bath as it is very competitive in psychology... My predicted score is only AAA... :frown: do I neccessarily need an A* for the course? Thanks

I think those predicted grades are pretty good! Don't forget that they also take into account your personal statement, reference, and motivation and commitment to the psychology course :smile: What kind of work experience do you have? My predicted grades are A* (achieved) A*A*B but my B prediction is in biology which is one of their preferred subjects :s-smilie: Best of luck with your application though!
Original post by NickyNM

Hi Nicky,

There's no need to worry that you haven't received an offer yet. The university receives a very large number of applications and it can take some time to get through all of them! The university initially aims to respond by 15th January but there are times when this isn't possible. You will receive a response no later than 31st March, as this is the official deadline for all universities to make their decisions. You don't need to respond to any of your other offers until after this deadline.

Good luck with your application and I hope you receive an offer soon! If you have any other questions about your application or about the university feel free to quote me.

Carly
Second year student

Quick Reply

Latest