The Student Room Group

my work buddies havent added me on facebook :(

they havent added me on there, even though i've been a work experience guy for about a week, and have a done a course at the same place since last year. but still nothing. i've looked on their profiles and they've have each other added, so why not me? i'm guessing by their lack of friend requests that they dislike me. why is this fair? i always feel the one that is left out.

is there any advice anyone can give me, maybe suggestions on how i can get them to add me?

Scroll to see replies

Why not add them instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does it really matter? You're going to see them whenever you go to work...adding them on Facebook really isn't necessary...
Reply 3
Original post by Frappé

Posted from TSR Mobile

they might think it's weird if i do it.
Reply 4
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Does it really matter? You're going to see them whenever you go to work...adding them on Facebook really isn't necessary...

it wouldn't, it's just they've got all the other people that work there on their facebook, but not me.
Original post by damoni
it wouldn't, it's just they've got all the other people that work there on their facebook, but not me.

Then like the person before me said, add them. If they don't accept then...it's not the end of the world.
Original post by Frappé

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is why I don't get the whole "they won't add me as friend" "issue".
Reply 7
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Then like the person before me said, add them. If they don't accept then...it's not the end of the world.

i normally would, i just want to know why they dont have me on there, but the other work buddies.
Original post by OU Student
This is why I don't get the whole "they won't add me as friend" "issue".

why?
Original post by damoni

why?

If you really want them as a friend, you'd add them, no?:confused:
You've only been there a week, and also if you're the "work experience guy" you probably won't be there for much longer, so maybe they don't care. Most likely, they've not given it a single thought so I doubt it's malicious anyway.
Reply 10
Original post by OU Student
If you really want them as a friend, you'd add them, no?:confused:

yeah but they might find it weird
Reply 11
Original post by sliceofcake
You've only been there a week, and also if you're the "work experience guy" you probably won't be there for much longer, so maybe they don't care. Most likely, they've not given it a single thought so I doubt it's malicious anyway.

it would just be nice if they did, i'd feel wanted
Original post by damoni
it would just be nice if they did, i'd feel wanted

Well, that's for them to determine. Don't take it personally, it's really unlikely they've even thought of it. They have added each other, but that could have taken ages to happen for all you know.
They might not even know you have Facebook.
It's just Facebook... you've been there a week. I doubt it's even crossed their minds, it wouldn't cross mine. Focus on your real life relationship with them...
Original post by Artimus

Indeed. I only know a friend has Facebook because I posted that was having a problem and he gave me a solution.
You're the work experience kid. Why would they add you?
Original post by damoni
they might think it's weird if i do it.

Then why do you expect them to do it and not you? :tongue:

Just add 'em, seriously. It's no big deal. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by sliceofcake
Well, that's for them to determine. Don't take it personally, it's really unlikely they've even thought of it. They have added each other, but that could have taken ages to happen for all you know.

well i hope that they will add me soon then
Original post by Artimus

i have a couple of mutual friends, wouldnt they get the suggestion to add me? because i get suggestions from facebook to add people.
Original post by RobertWhite
It's just Facebook... you've been there a week. I doubt it's even crossed their minds, it wouldn't cross mine. Focus on your real life relationship with them...

well my real life relationship with them could be better, i havent spoke to them that much

Original post by TurboCretin
You're the work experience kid. Why would they add you?

well people add people they work with usually, i think
Original post by black_mamba
Then why do you expect them to do it and not you? :tongue:

Just add 'em, seriously. It's no big deal. :smile:

i think people look down on shy, awkward people as a bit weird. adding them might make look even weirder.
(edited 9 years ago)
Number one rule, never add work colleagues.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending