The Student Room Group

Falmouth Photography 2015

Anyone had their interview already or waiting to have theirs? I've got mine next week and am just wondering what to expect.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sonja_michelle
Anyone had their interview already or waiting to have theirs? I've got mine next week and am just wondering what to expect.

Hi, I just wondered how your interview went as I just had mine (well yesterday).
Original post by JHolyoake
Hi, I just wondered how your interview went as I just had mine (well yesterday).

Went alright i think! Could answer all the questions but i was super nervous and it was hard to tell what they thought. Guess i'll just have to wait and see. How about you?
Yeah I was really nervous as well, and I agree that you couldn't tell whether they liked you/your work or not. It's the only uni that I want to go to so waiting for a reply is really nerve wracking.
Yeah I was really nervous as well, and I agree that you couldn't tell whether they liked you/your work or not. It's the only uni that I want to go to so waiting for a reply is really nerve wracking.

Same for me, if i don't get into falmouth i'll probably end up doing a foundation and reapplying next year, since i have to defer and take a gap year anyways. I love falmouth so much i'd be crushed if i didnt get an offer.
Oh so if you get an offer you will be deferring and starting sept 2016? Also if you unfortunately didn't get an offer would you do a foundation year at Falmouth or somewhere else. Luckily today I received a conditional offer for the marine and natural history course which I am really pleased about, but I just want to know where I stand now with BA photography so I can try and make a decision, even though it will be hard!
Oh so if you get an offer you will be deferring and starting sept 2016? Also if you unfortunately didn't get an offer would you do a foundation year at Falmouth or somewhere else. Luckily today I received a conditional offer for the marine and natural history course which I am really pleased about, but I just want to know where I stand now with BA photography so I can try and make a decision, even though it will be hard!

Yeah, i'll be deferring. Wish i didnt have to but i'm an EU student but i live in the UK and cant receive loans from germany (where i used to live) so i have get them here. only i cant get maintenance loans until ive lived here for 3 years and this year i'll only have lived here 2, and i cant afford to go without the maintenance loans. And i'll be the foundation somewhere else, closer to home as i live in liverpool. really hoping to get an answer monday or tuesday since they said they should let us know beginning of the week/3-5 days after the interview. i get nervous all over again even thinking about it! I would choose BA photography if you're given an offer, because you can always get inducted on the equipment etc do to underwater photography and find a way to incorporate it into the BA rather than with M&NH you can only do just that, as far as i understand it.
Oh wow I study german at the moment! It's a bit of a shame you can't get the funding for this year and have to wait for another year (even though you probably want to start now). And I got told at the interview it could be up to 2 weeks, so if it's 3-5 days that would be so much better!
Oh wow I study german at the moment! It's a bit of a shame you can't get the funding for this year and have to wait for another year (even though you probably want to start now). And I got told at the interview it could be up to 2 weeks, so if it's 3-5 days that would be so much better!

Yeah i was really disappointed when i found out i wasnt able to go this year. And really? Weird how the same course told us two different times in how long it would take? I really hope its 3-5 day and not 2 weeks, i'll die of anxiousness before then!
I think they said up to 2 weeks, but the only reason why I think they say that is incase the decision is delayed for some reason. I think most people hear within 5 days.
I think they said up to 2 weeks, but the only reason why I think they say that is incase the decision is delayed for some reason. I think most people hear within 5 days.

i sure hope so haha

Was just given my offer for Falmouth! I'm so happy I can finally stop stressing haha. Now just have to make sure i meet my conditions and i'll be at Falmouth 2016!
Hi! Guess what half an hour ago I signed onto UCAS and saw that I had a conditional offer (BCC) for the photography course as well! Its such a relief when you find out and its the news that you wanted! I think that I will be starting in Sept 15 but if for any reason I defer a year I will be joining the same time as you. Well done by the way and I'm sure you will meet the conditions!
Hi! Guess what half an hour ago I signed onto UCAS and saw that I had a conditional offer (BCC) for the photography course as well! Its such a relief when you find out and its the news that you wanted! I think that I will be starting in Sept 15 but if for any reason I defer a year I will be joining the same time as you. Well done by the way and I'm sure you will meet the conditions!

Congrats on you offer as well! I've got to get BB in my A Levels and a Distinction in my BTEC. Just worried for one of my subjects as i only barley got a B at AS so i really have to revise for it to get a B at A2. At least i'll have the motivation to sit down and revise though! Now that i have the offer and i know what i need to get in order to confirm my place i'll put all my effort into making sure i get that.
Thank You! What other subjects do you study at the moment? And you'll be fine, once I got the offer im more determined than ever to get the grades i need.
Thank You! What other subjects do you study at the moment? And you'll be fine, once I got the offer im more determined than ever to get the grades i need.

My BETC is photography and my A Levels are sociology and psychology. And yeah me too, still a bit nerve racking though!
I have a offer from Falmouth for Photography this year too!
Original post by chloetheunicorn

Awesome! What are your conditions?
Original post by chloetheunicorn

Well done! Did you have an interview, and if so when did you go? Also what other Uni's have you applied to?
Original post by sonja_michelle
Awesome! What are your conditions?

I do Art Foundation so I just have to pass it to get in :smile:

Quick Reply