The Student Room Group

Glass half empty or half full?

Scroll to see replies

I want two glasses of water. Not one full one, and certainly not one half glass.
Original post by thatcherblair
I want two glasses of water. Not one full one, and certainly not one half glass.

Well that would obviously be better
It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, either way there's more room for wine
Depends on if it's been filled half way or someone has drunk it until it's half empty, so I guess I'm neither negative or positive but either a combination of the two or "realistic." I have a tendency to go beyond the face value stuff and start asking questions :smile:
I don't see the glass cause I'm blind yo! :P
The glass is completely full. It contains half water and half air.
Reply 26
my mum doesn't trust me with glasses so i'm only allowed to use plastic beakers
I don't get it, how is it optimistic to say it's half full? Where is the glass? How would it get filled? Why fill it half full then put it on a table away from the tap or in another room? It's not as if you're in the process of filling it. You could fill it to half then start drinking it but there's no reason why it would ever imply there's going to be more added to it.

This is from the perspective of someone who doesn't know whether it's in that state as a result of being emptied from a full glass or just filled up to half and then left for no reason.
I think I'll just leave this here....

Otherwise: neither, totally full, just not all water.
The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Depends if im filling the glass or emptying it. If im filling it it is half full, if emptying it its half empty.

I dont think thats it is a good judge of how positive or negative a person is

Posted from TSR Mobile
As my dad says, you can't have half of 0.

Therefore half full
It makes no sense. If you're filling it, it's half full, if you're emptying it it's half empty.
Original post by Snagprophet
It makes no sense. If you're filling it, it's half full, if you're emptying it it's half empty.

And of you're doing neither, you just happen to find it half full of a liquid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
And of you're doing neither, you just happen to find it half full of a liquid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you find it nowhere near a water source then it's probably not being filled.
Original post by Snagprophet
If you find it nowhere near a water source then it's probably not being filled.

But it isn't nectars necessarily being emptied either (evaporation aside) :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending