The Student Room Group

GCSE languages revision

I've just started revision for my GCSE's in May/June but I don't really know how to revise properly for the languages. Does anybody have some good methods or tips for languages revision (I'm doing French and German)
I do French and German too - both on Edexcel - and I'm currently using the website memrise.com to learn vocab for the exams. :smile: It basically allows you to learn vocabulary on the GCSE syllabus, providing you are able to find your exam board (which you search for, it doesn't give you the option straight away). It tests you on said words afterwards.

I understand this learning method isn't for everyone, but I've found it a really useful resource; especially as it only requires 10 minutes or so per day to be beneficial. I would definitely give it a look!
(edited 9 years ago)
When I did German GCSE, I made flashcards with vocab :smile:
Reply 3
I study French and I love it. To help me, I set my phone in French, I listen to French music - try Stromae - papaoutai. It's actually one of my favourite songs! But also this app called 'memrise' will work miracles in your life. I also try and read articles in French, just try and adapt your everyday life to the language if possible. But memrise is the most effective method trust me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamez33
I've just started revision for my GCSE's in May/June but I don't really know how to revise properly for the languages. Does anybody have some good methods or tips for languages revision (I'm doing French and German)

I do Spanish and French, and I think the main thing you need to do for the exam is just learn as much vocab as you can. Whatever way's best for you - flashcards, sticky notes... Also do as many past papers as you can! If you haven't already done it, make sure you have a go at the June 2014 one... My teacher said they were quite a bit harder than usual with more written answers rather than just mostly multiple choice... It's likely they'll follow suit this year too
Original post by pursuedbyabear
I do French and German too - both on Edexcel - and I'm currently using the website memrise.com to learn vocab for the exams. :smile: It basically allows you to learn vocabulary on the GCSE syllabus, providing you are able to find your exam board (which you search for, it doesn't give you the option straight away). It tests you on said words afterwards.

I understand this learning method isn't for everyone, but I've found it a really useful resource; especially as it only requires 10 minutes or so per day to be beneficial. I would definitely give it a look!

I've looked for a website like this and couldn't find one! Thanks it's bound to be very useful!!
Original post by #sarahsmith2
I've looked for a website like this and couldn't find one! Thanks it's bound to be very useful!!
I'm happy I could help. :smile:
When revising for GCSE German I just memorised vocab from a booklet my teacher gave me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending