The Student Room Group

Dating Dilemma

I was at a drinks party last week and the host was a really beautiful girl and was very friendly towards me (although she was welcoming everyone). She acted in a way that I thought was a bit flirty, standing close to me, holding eye contact, touching my arm, showing a lot of interest in what I do etc., and then she hugged me twice quite affectionately before I left. I got her FB ID from her before I left and when she accepted me it turns out that she's in a relationship. I was going to ask her for a drink/coffee but now I'm not so sure it's a good thing to do?

It's also strange that she never mentioned said boyfriend during our conversations.

My gut feeling is that she's the friendly type and not to burn my fingers by pursuing it but I don't want to pass on an opportunity either. I'm not really one for splitting up couples but they say all's fair in love and war and I get the impression there are some girls who will not terminate their existing relationship until the have the next one lined up and ready to go, so to speak.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?
Reply 1
I think your analysis of the situation is correct and she is just friendly and vivacious. You can always monitor her relationship status through Facebook and make a move should she become single in the future. Any other course of action is probably deluded and of course skulduggerus.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
I think your analysis of the situation is correct and she is just friendly and vivacious. You can always monitor her relationship status through Facebook and make a move should she become single in the future. Any other course of action is probably deluded and of course skulduggerus.

Thanks for your honesty. Skulduggery is a type of behaviour up with which I will not put.
Is it really that skulduggerus though? I don't know how serious the relationship is. Some girls seem to change bf each year without ever being single...
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your honesty. Skulduggery is a type of behaviour up with which I will not put.
Is it really that skulduggerus though? I don't know how serious the relationship is. Some girls seem to change bf each year without ever being single...

Fair point. I do to quite an extent subscribe to 'alls fair in love and war' and think that skulduggery is at the door of the person in a relationship who cheats rather than a single person going after them. Mind you I think it's uncertain if you're in there.
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
Fair point. I do to quite an extent subscribe to 'alls fair in love and war' and think that skulduggery is at the door of the person in a relationship who cheats rather than a single person going after them. Mind you I think it's uncertain if you're in there.

I don't really think I am but when you've got nothing, you've got nothing to lose.
Sorry for the platitudes. However, when girls behave as I outlined above, it does leave me wondering what would be indicative of actual interest if the above is 'just being friendly'.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I don't really think I am but when you've got nothing, you've got nothing to lose.
Sorry for the platitudes. However, when girls behave as I outlined above, it does leave me wondering what would be indicative of actual interest if the above is 'just being friendly'.

You can still lose face and credibility..
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
You can still lose face and credibility..

Maybe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending