The Student Room Group

Higher Tech Studies Past Papers

I'm sitting Higher Engineering Science and wondering if anyone has got any old Higher Tech Studies before 2010.

I've got from 2010-2014 from the SQA website but looking for some of the older ones and marking schemes. Thanks!
Reply 1
Sorry to go off topic, I'm thinking of crashing Higher Engineering Science and was wondering how you find the subject, what's involved and how you find it compared to say another subject such as Higher Maths? Thanks in advance!

Regards
Original post by JP298
Sorry to go off topic, I'm thinking of crashing Higher Engineering Science and was wondering how you find the subject, what's involved and how you find it compared to say another subject such as Higher Maths? Thanks in advance!

Regards

It is quite easy to be honest. I got an A band 1 last year in Tech studs but was like 1 mark off a B in Maths and Physics, albeit there were other factors at play (extenuating circumstances) but it's still indicative.

I found those who think logically and are good at problem solving tend to succeed. There isn't any complicated maths or physics, you just have to apply some concepts from the respective fields to a situation.

You'll enjoy it if you like Maths and Physics - if you have more questions feel free to ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Princepieman
It is quite easy to be honest. I got an A band 1 last year in Tech studs but was like 1 mark off a B in Maths and Physics, albeit there were other factors at play (extenuating circumstances) but it's still indicative.

I found those who think logically and are good at problem solving tend to succeed. There isn't any complicated maths or physics, you just have to apply some concepts from the respective fields to a situation.

You'll enjoy it if you like Maths and Physics - if you have more questions feel free to ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot, your information really helped. Thankfully I enjoy physics and maths got A's in the Prelims for them. So hopefully Engineering shouldn't be too challenging. I'm thinking about taking it as it looks like a subject that would help if I wanted to do Computer and Electronic systems at Uni. Thanks again :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JP298

Hi there I was wondering if you ever got round to doing the higher engineering science course or did you choose another. Im sitting it this year and would really love some help God Bless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending