The Student Room Group

I don't think I realised how serous uni was

On my first day I remember going to an english lecture. I thought it was the most boring thing ever and zoned out. Then we had to analyse a poem and I felt like I was in year 10 again...

Scroll to see replies

kk
Reply 2
Well thats 20 seconds of my life i'll never get back...

You may be great at dodging responsibility but you're **** at writing threads princess.
Original post by Sarky
Well thats 20 seconds of my life i'll never get back...

You may be great at dodging responsibility but you're **** at writing threads princess.

why so hostile bruh?
Did you lose power in the middle of that post? Where's...the rest..
What did you expect? Actual non-stop partying for three years?
[QUOTE="Manitude;53980561"]What did you expect? Actual non-stop partying for three years?[/QUOTE

Not sure
I think you need to expand on your post. I don't understand if you're trying to say that being in year 10 is easy or it is difficult, and by extension whether analysing a poem is easy or difficult. Year 10 is easy for most and reading a poem is also easy, especially if someone has chosen to study English as a degree. Was your thread title therefore ironic?
Lol, that's bot serious, crying to sleep because you thought you would die of a heart attack in it most nights of 1st year is serious uni.you're just being lazy
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Lol, that's bot serious, crying to sleep because you thought you would die of a heart attack in it most nights of 1st year is serious uni.you're just being lazy

How is crying serious? If you're at uni, you lead a privileged life. You have no reason to be upset. The worst that can happen is that you drop out and are forced to get a job you weren't hoping of having.

Crying is not serious. It's self-pitying nonsense.
Original post by callum_law
How is crying serious? If you're at uni, you lead a privileged life. You have no reason to be upset. The worst that can happen is that you drop out and are forced to get a job you weren't hoping of having.

Well yeah I guess I self pitied about potential death as I do now, I'm not sure how 19 year olds diagnosed with terminal illness handle it but I imagine most of them would a bit too

(Mentally I believed I was very likely to die)
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Well yeah I guess I self pitied about potential death as I do now, I'm not sure how 19 year olds diagnosed with terminal illness handle it but I imagine most of them would a bit too

(Mentally I believed I was very likely to die)

If your terminal illness is caused by uni work, then I can follow your point. Otherwise not so much.

If you want to say that everyone who suffers less than you are ispo facto not suffering 'seriously', then you could say your suffering was not serious because you did not undergo a heart attack and other people do. Therefore, those people were suffering seriously and you were not. It doesn't make too much sense.
If your terminal illness is caused by uni work, then I can follow your point. Otherwise not so much.

If you want to say that everyone who suffers less than you are ispo facto not suffering 'seriously', then you could say your suffering was not serious because you did not undergo a heart attack and other people do. Therefore, those people were suffering seriously and you were not. It doesn't make too much sense.

First off I didn't say everyone, I said 'I am a real life princess AMA' OP being a drama queen about uni. Lots of people suffernore than me

I'm not terminally ill I lived in a state of severe enough anxiety to hold a strong delusion that I had heart disease at 18 and the wrong move could kill me. I do have a heart condition which complicates things but it's benign

Anywah I guess we could say I inly cried because ai'm a pussy yet to accept the real pain of death, memento mori
(edited 9 years ago)

It doesn't take a genius or a psychiatrist to realise that crying is a symptom of serious problems rather than the problem itself. A lot of students suffer from mental health problems but most don't seek medical help.
Original post by Manitude
It doesn't take a genius or a psychiatrist to realise that crying is a symptom of serious problems rather than the problem itself. A lot of students suffer from mental health problems but most don't seek medical help.

No one is doubting that crying and despondency can be a sign of mental health problems. It can be. It does not mean it is. The idea that 'I cry myself to sleep' is necessarily worthy of some sympathy, especially whilst putting other people's problems down and labelling them subsidiary, is simply misled.
Reply 15
Original post by ChickenMadness
why so hostile bruh?

Hangry.
Reply 16
great thread
Reply 17
I don't think anyone really believes how much work it can be until they experience it for themselves.

Are you looking for advice from people who've been there before or just wanting to vent?
I'm also overwhelmed by work. I've been procrastinating on TSR and having a league of legends marathon instead. Hoping if I get a good nights sleep tonight I'll be able to get some done tomorrow.
Reply 19
uni doesnt seem that hard to me, i've heard you only have one lecture a day, you get months off and all students do is eat and drink. what could be hard about that?

Quick Reply

Latest