The Student Room Group

GCSE French Speaking

French
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey,

So when we did out french speaking we were told to use a website called voki. You basically type your french in and the avatar will speak it in a frnech accent, and that way you can improve pronunciation.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Tanzi_a
Hey,

So when we did out french speaking we were told to use a website called voki. You basically type your french in and the avatar will speak it in a frnech accent, and that way you can improve pronunciation.

Good luck :smile:

Thanks. Got it on Thursday.
Original post by kagawa88
Thanks. Got it on Thursday.

As long as you learn bit by bit you should be fine, just don't do what I did and leave till the night before to learn it all hahah :smile:
Well this is really good, it's massive so I'll read the first little bit and see if I can spot any errors, then you can take these and check your whole work to look for similar errors.

une émission de la télé-réalité

d'un autre côte de l'autre côté

les touristes

'faire du shopping', also not necessarily wrong, is very english/anglicised. it would be more impressive to use 'faire des courses' for do the shopping, or 'faire des achats' for to go shopping like randomly to buy whatever

je peux aller à Londres pour faire des achats, ou à Hutton pour voir mon ami

don't say 'depuis naissance', either say 'depuis toujours', or say 'mon ami a toujours habité à Hutton'

je peux lui rendre visite beaucoup je peux lui rendre une visite à tout moment (whenever, at any moment)

c'était

il y avait de couleurs

Utilisé pour À l’âge de huit ans, je jouais au foot avec mes ami. What does this mean? I think what you mean is 'since the age of 8, I have played football with my friends'? this would be 'je joue au foot avec mes amis depuis l'âge de huit ans', or to say 'up to the age of 8, I used to play football with my friends, 'je jouais au foot avec mes amis jusqu'à l'âge de 8 ans'
Reply 5
Thanks

Quick Reply