The Student Room Group

Telling a girl how I feel....Not like that though

I liked a girl and we would talk here and there, I did ask her to go for a walk to come with me to the SC at uni, but she said she had work genuine excuse maybe ? Right so I started talking to her more and we had a nice long chat so I thought it was going somewhere, so I went to see her before I went home and as luck would have it she was going home to, she was stressed but I helped her through, as we went home I asked her for her number and she gave it to me and said thanks for helping me out and touched my arm. Then she says i'll ring you sometime and laughed and we went home.

So I text her but she gave small replies, I assumed she wasnt interested or didnt like texting. Anyway she said this to my friend and he told me she said we were talking and I asked for her number and she didnt want to give but did. So now she sort of ignores me, I dont think she's playing hard to get.

So this annoyed me, she could have said if she didnt want to give me her number, she could have made any excuse up or whatever and left. What she shouldnt have done was tell my friends that she didnt want to give it and did, im pretty sure other people hear that to, so I look like a knob.

So if she keeps ignoring me im going to say to her something on the lines of, we were ok as friends but you dont have to make it awkward if you didnt want to give me your number or talk much we dont have to, anyway ive deleted your number so you dont have to worry about any text, I thought you were decent then just walk away.

This isnt to date her or spark an interest its just how I feel, why say crap behind my back and ego boost saying things like he texts and I just give small replies. It is a little harsh but im annoyed.
Reply 1
Anyone ?
Reply 2
Original post by IMBCFC
Anyone ?

Have you considered she is simply busy at the moment? I once had a good friend who would often give vague replies and I'd always have to lead the conversation but that was merely her mentality. If you have an issue, I'd advise either:
a) Addressing it to her
or
b) Accept that she may be busy and see if she's still attempting to ignore you in a few days.
Reply 3
Original post by IMBCFC
Anyone ?

Ive been rejected so many times and it seems like you're in that boat as well. I'm glad i'm not the only one, take pride in knowing that there are loads of us out there :u: One day we will get "the one" :smile: Don't worry.
Reply 4
Original post by kumon
Ive been rejected so many times and it seems like you're in that boat as well. I'm glad i'm not the only one, take pride in knowing that there are loads of us out there :u: One day we will get "the one" :smile: Don't worry.

Thanks, but do you think I should tell her or just wait till something is said specifically to me, I dont like the fact that she gave me her number and then told people she didnt want to.
Reply 5
Original post by Magistl
Have you considered she is simply busy at the moment? I once had a good friend who would often give vague replies and I'd always have to lead the conversation but that was merely her mentality. If you have an issue, I'd advise either:
a) Addressing it to her
or
b) Accept that she may be busy and see if she's still attempting to ignore you in a few days.

Its not about being busy,its about her telling others she didnt want to give me her number, so im thinking if you didnt want me to have ill delete it no need to be awkward. She greets my friends but ignores me.
Reply 6
Original post by IMBCFC
Its not about being busy,its about her telling others she didnt want to give me her number, so im thinking if you didnt want me to have ill delete it no need to be awkward. She greets my friends but ignores me.

If she is downright ignoring you, then I (personally) wouldn't give it a second thought. :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by IMBCFC
Thanks, but do you think I should tell her or just wait till something is said specifically to me, I dont like the fact that she gave me her number and then told people she didnt want to.

If she didn't want to give it to you then she is a bitch, leave it man, leave it leave it leave it. I've been there before, **** it, move on. 7 billion people you'll find one.
Oh my god, that's horrible. If she didn't want to give you her number why give it to you and lead you on like that. I would never lead someone on like that, that's just messed up. How often do you guys talk? She could maybe start developing feelings for you once she gets to know you more. Girls tend to take longer than guys to start liking someone, in general (from what I've noticed). It's up to you if you want to just give up and move on. If you do decide to move on I think you should confront her and just get it off your chest, it might help you to move on :redface:.
Reply 9
Original post by tammie123
Oh my god, that's horrible. If she didn't want to give you her number why give it to you and lead you on like that. I would never lead someone on like that, that's just messed up. How often do you guys talk? She could maybe start developing feelings for you once she gets to know you more. Girls tend to take longer than guys to start liking someone, in general (from what I've noticed). It's up to you if you want to just give up and move on. If you do decide to move on I think you should confront her and just get it off your chest, it might help you to move on :redface:.

It me lol. PM ?
Original post by IMBCFC
It me lol. PM ?

yeah I remember you :tongue:, haha ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending