The Student Room Group

Why am I so judgemental of girls who smoke weed or take other drugs?

I don't smoke weed, because I never liked it. Now, I'm not even opposed to legalising it, I know it's probably harmless compared to alcohol and when I'm around my mates who smoke it, I'm not bothered when they do, I just don't get involved and stick to my beers.

However, if I know a girl who smokes weed, or does other drugs, I'm a little put off and I don't know why. She could be the nicest person in the world, and be really pretty, but if it turns out she's into drugs I just kind of think...maybe not.

It's not even like I think everyone who smokes weed is a waster, just like how not everyone who drinks alcohol is an aggressive monster. But in high school and college I'd see a lot of weed smoker cliques form, full of people who didn't seem to have much time for people who didn't smoke weed, which made me a bit cautious about certain weed smokers. Or maybe it's because I didn't enjoy it, whereas a lot of people seem to, so if my potential girlfriend smoked weed with other people I'd feel a little left out on the fun she was having.

I don't know.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't smoke weed, because I never liked it. Now, I'm not even opposed to legalising it, I know it's probably harmless compared to alcohol and when I'm around my mates who smoke it, I'm not bothered when they do, I just don't get involved and stick to my beers.

However, if I know a girl who smokes weed, or does other drugs, I'm a little put off and I don't know why. She could be the nicest person in the world, and be really pretty, but if it turns out she's into drugs I just kind of think...maybe not.

It's not even like I think everyone who smokes weed is a waster, just like how not everyone who drinks alcohol is an aggressive monster. But in high school and college I'd see a lot of weed smoker cliques form, full of people who didn't seem to have much time for people who didn't smoke weed, which made me a bit cautious about certain weed smokers. Or maybe it's because I didn't enjoy it, whereas a lot of people seem to, so if my potential girlfriend smoked weed with other people I'd feel a little left out on the fun she was having.

I don't know.

Two word's: borderline misogynistic society

Both men and women participate in looking down at women who smoke or take drugs.
Reply 2
Original post by ridwan12

Both men and women participate in looking down at women who smoke or take drugs.

I didn't get a borderline misogynistic feel from OP, if I may be honest.
Original post by Magistl
I didn't get a borderline misogynistic feel from OP, if I may be honest.

It's not the OP but society that has enforced these ideal on us. Permiting men to do things, weed etc; but also look down against women who do them aswell.
Reply 4

I don't know.

I'm confused because your title is why am I so judgemental of GIRLS who smoke weed, but by the sounds of it you're just judgemental of anybody who smokes weed at all... and that happens to include potential girlfriends.

If it is just limited to girls then that's pretty sexist and ridiculous.

If you extend judgement to anyone who smokes weed at all then don't worry, you're not alone - years of ridiculous drugs campaigns and laws have built a society in which an act much safer than many legal activities is stigmatised completely illogically and irrationally.

I'd like to hear your response on the gender thing as I am a bit confused where you're coming from
Reply 5
It's not the OP but society that has enforced these ideal on us. Permiting men to do things, weed etc; but also look down against women who do them aswell.

Ah, I must have misunderstood! You have my apologies :smile:

I agree, society has been quite... ignorant in that respect.
Reply 6
Original post by abc:)
I'm confused because your title is why am I so judgemental of GIRLS who smoke weed, but by the sounds of it you're just judgemental of anybody who smokes weed at all... and that happens to include potential girlfriends.

If it is just limited to girls then that's pretty sexist and ridiculous.

If you extend judgement to anyone who smokes weed at all then don't worry, you're not alone - years of ridiculous drugs campaigns and laws have built a society in which an act much safer than many legal activities is stigmatised completely illogically and irrationally.

I'd like to hear your response on the gender thing as I am a bit confused where you're coming from

I'm solely referring to girls that I take an interest in, not all girls in general.
I'm solely referring to girls that I take an interest in, not all girls in general.

So if it only applies to girls who you are interested in, then you are basically saying that you would not like to be in a relationship with someone who drinks etc, and find it to be a sexual turn-off? And therefore if you were gay then the same would apply to men that you were attracted to, is that what you're trying to say?
Original post by capachino
subconsciously you think they must be unhinged or have the potential of being an addict? thats what the media tells us about drug users

But then why only girls, and not boys as well?

Two words: learn to count

I don't know.

Yeah every guy seems put off, but ik this one really nice and pretty girl who seems so innocent and she smokes fags and drinks but even though it's a putoff guys still like her, but idk why guys look down on that with girls tbh? every guy ik seems so put off..
Original post by e aí rapaz

Hahahahahaahaha
Reply 12
Personally I think taking illegal drugs is often a matter of poor judgement, so I would also be more likely to be put off. I'd also say the same about smoking.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's your preference, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm all for people making their own choices but I find guys who smoke unattractive, simples.
Because you're boring.

I edited the borderline in after a visit to the loo :colondollar:

Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Hahahahahaahaha

(edited 9 years ago)
I edited the borderline in after a visit to the loo :colondollar:

:ms: :biggrin:
Original post by capachino
beucase you dont want to date them and dont want to be in a relationship with a druggie

As I suggested in a previous post which they failed to answer. So long as you only cast these views on women due to potential relationships then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that
Reply 19

So then, it's not that you're judgemental of them per se, but that you wouldn't want to get into a relationship with someone who does drugs....?

If that's the case then I see where you're coming from we all have turn offs and deal breakers, I wouldn't call it being judgemental.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending