The Student Room Group

anyone know anything good for anxiety/to calm nerves?

anything at all (apart from drugs like weed)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey :smile: hows it going? have u tried my suggestions I gave u?
Reply 2
Original post by damoni

I've always found reading a book calms me. Do you read books at all?
Well if you're going for drugs, might as well get a prescription from your G.P. propanolol. It will help you in potentially stressful situations i.e. presentations.

Propanolol

Bach rescue remedy - over the counter

Mediation

Exercise

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by tuly92
hey :smile: hows it going? have u tried my suggestions I gave u?

hey, yeah i looked up about getting into trying yoga , but i'll see what it's like first.
Reply 5
Peppermint teaaaa. Bit hipster but whatevs works.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find focussing on my breathing if I'm having or feel like I'm about to have a panic attack works. Also if I'm feeling very stressed and anxious and can be on my own, I find listening to my heartbeat with a stethoscope until I can hear it start to slow also helps to calm me down.
Breathing exercises help alot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Magistl
I've always found reading a book calms me. Do you read books at all?

yeah i'm quite a big reader so i'll try reading before stressful situations to see if it could calm me down a bit.
Original post by SomeStudent
Well if you're going for drugs, might as well get a prescription from your G.P. propanolol. It will help you in potentially stressful situations i.e. presentations.

i would usually, but i need by next week. i did have something called clphoriam or something but i ran out.
Original post by damoni

My girlfriend took Calms before her driving test and said that they helped a lot. Though I can't vouch for them personally.
Try ASMR videos. If you're especially responsive to them then they're just.. :coma:
Reply 11
Original post by melinae
Peppermint teaaaa. Bit hipster but whatevs works.

Posted from TSR Mobile

okay do you know where to get some from and will it calm people down a lot ?
Original post by SophieSmall
I find focussing on my breathing if I'm having or feel like I'm about to have a panic attack works. Also if I'm feeling very stressed and anxious and can be on my own, I find listening to my heartbeat with a stethoscope until I can hear it start to slow also helps to calm me down.

yeah i've tried focusing on my breathing too, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.
Original post by Yeah dude
Breathing exercises help alot

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i've tried focusing on my breathing too, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.
Reply 12
Original post by Jooooshy
My girlfriend took Calms before her driving test and said that they helped a lot. Though I can't vouch for them personally.

okay i shall look into them
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Try ASMR videos. If you're especially responsive to them then they're just.. :coma:

oh i havent heard of them, what are the about?
Original post by damoni
okay i shall look into them

oh i havent heard of them, what are the about?

They're designed to give you a pleasant relaxed feeing through visual or auditory stimuli (like white noise sounds or tapping noises). Not everyone is responsive to it though so you may well end up watching one of the videos with a bewildered look on your face :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
They're designed to give you a pleasant relaxed feeing through visual or auditory stimuli (like white noise sounds or tapping noises). Not everyone is responsive to it though so you well end watching one of the videos with a bewildered look on your face :tongue:

oh i'll have to try it out and hopefully it will work
Never EVER read alpa beta threads or the Red Pill, they are designed to prey on such men
They're designed to give you a pleasant relaxed feeing through visual or auditory stimuli (like white noise sounds or tapping noises). Not everyone is responsive to it though so you may well end up watching one of the videos with a bewildered look on your face :tongue:

I wanna try this :tongue:
Original post by damoni

honestly mate take some propranolol. it works wonders, sometimes it actually makes me feel TOO chilled out even though I'm honestly the most panicked person alive haha. It's fab :biggrin:

Other than drugs.... take a walk! always helps me :smile:
Original post by SassKing13
I wanna try this :tongue:

Look it up on youtube if you want :smile: Just don't blame me if you're left feeling extremely confused afterwards!
Mindfulness meditation

Quick Reply

Latest