The Student Room Group
the 3 little pigs
I would ask why but .... oh, what the heck, why?

My suggestion would be the same as above, but is it more of a nursery rhyme?
Lil !*!
I have to find a novel/play/poem that deals with property. I cant find anything, does anyone have any suggestions?

I don't know why or to what extent you need a novel, play etc but i think Great Expectations by Dickens involved property. Bleak house as well maybe? Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 4
Azza
I don't know why or to what extent you need a novel, play etc but i think Great Expectations by Dickens involved property. Bleak house as well maybe? Hope that helps :smile:

Good old Jarndyce and Jarndyce, “the one great principle of the English law is, to make business for itself. There is no other principle distinctly, certainly, and consistently maintained through all its narrow turnings.”
Reply 5
Why have you guys been lying for soo long about a Law degree being hard/not a complete doss? :P
Reply 6
Wait till you get onto "The Lawyer's Colouring Book"...

Reply 7
Serenity
Why have you guys been lying for soo long about a Law degree being hard/not a complete doss? :P

lol I did a module in Law and Literature; it was the biggest rambling load of half-baked opinions of mine, and I only read one of the 3 books required - I downloaded a synopisis for each of the other 2 and just used random bits to back up my points on the book I actually did read.
I got 75 :wink:

Law is a doddle, don't let anyone tell you otherwise :p:
Reply 8
Law is certainly not a doodle. I have been quite adequately raped by the amount of reading to be done so far. If someone is asking you to find a novel / story about property law, tell them to get a life and get on with teaching you what is actually relevant.

Law's a bitch, kids - don't let your lecturers lull you into a false sense of security...
Reply 9
Marcods
Law is certainly not a doodle. I have been quite adequately raped by the amount of reading to be done so far. If someone is asking you to find a novel / story about property law, tell them to get a life and get on with teaching you what is actually relevant.

Law's a bitch, kids - don't let your lecturers lull you into a false sense of security...

Exactly.. I think at some schools they even waste time teaching you how to understand sarcasm! :P
Reply 10
Marcods

I'd hazard a guess that the person's lecturer/tutor is a tad more qualified than you to decide what is relevant to pass the module.
Woah are you joking, this kid goes to UCL which automatically means he knows everything...

That law and literature sounds like a bit of a laugh though, all we get in the rambling modules is stuff like Modern Legal Theory which makes me want to die.
Marcods

What a charming phrase to choose.

Incidentally, my post that you commented on, was indeed, as everyone else gathered correctly, sarcasm.

Oh and its quite acceptable and reasonable for tutors to find ways to illustrate their points and the principles they are teaching in an everyday context in order to aid understanding. If a novel / poem / book does this, how can you possibly say it isn't relevant?
Serenity
Exactly.. I think at some schools they even waste time teaching you how to understand sarcasm! :P

LOL :biggrin:

Rep for you honey :wink:
Reply 14
i don't know why they want us to do that fo a seminar. usually we have cases to read and analyse. i guess they just want us to look at the wider picture.

and law is not a doss subject :frown: law students read read read...i miss sleeping

Latest

Trending

Trending