The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Depends what you mean by that? What would he say? Would be abit wary
I get a bit paranoid about what they want. But I think it's flattering for the most part.
Scared
I don't think I've ever had a 'normal' guy approach me in public, I've had people hitting on me in a very rapey (for lack of a better word) way and it has scared me and made me feel as though I'm going to be attacked. If I had guys approach me in a friendlier way I wouldn't have an issue with it.
Don't mind it. It's how I met one of my exes.
It depends what his intentions are.

I've had someone do this to me. He explained that he just wanted to be friends. (I have no interest in dating him either) That was one year ago. He has unfortunately moved away; but we're still in contact.
Reply 7
It depends how good-looking the person who's doing the approaching is.
It'll be odd if I saw the guy for the first time. But if we were coming across each other regularly then I wouldn't mind, if you get me?
Reply 9
Original post by Makashima
Scared

Why? My friend has two date from this nezt week.
Highly embarrassed.
Original post by Catholic_
Why? My friend has two date from this nezt week.

I didnt get approach by nice people I suppose? A guy insisted me to accept his free bus ticket that he no longer use but it was valid for the whole day but I said I have a year bus pass. Then he asked to put his number in my phone so I intentionally lied that my phone has no battery even though I was listening music with my headphones, this was visible to him. He ignored this fact and asked my number instead so I said I dont know which is a second obvious lie. Then he said write my number down, I was like sorry, no thanks. He went hurry so I rip some random paper from my book D: and he told me and before he got off. He was like, "promise me you will ring me". I was like okay. "No promise me, promise me you will ring me". So I went I promise.

But boy, I dont do promises and they arent real heh!
Original post by emr:D
hahahha that is so creepy!

it was...he was bribing me with his bus ticket :/
What am I being approached for?

I mean, if they're trying to recruit me into a Satanist cult, g'waan then, I'll listen for a while and make my choice.

Mormonism? Nah skip on your merry way mate.

Sex proposition? Swift kick in the nads should sort that out.

Offering me food? ABSO-FRICKING-LUTELY.

Unfortunately, due to the frequency of 4), number 3) happens very rarely.
I think that's kinda the way it should be. People shouldn't start a relationship over Facebook or Instagram and ****. Call me old school but it's kinda weird. I completely ignore strangers who message me. I think you should initially meet first and then use social media to carry on communication. As long as the guy isn't repulsive, pushy or cocky then they should at least give it a try.
Less common in this country compared to the US or AUS or whatever because people here are a lot more reserved / less open, but as above. If you're well spoken and pretty good looking you could get some results.
Don't let the girls in this thread fool you OP. Girls love being approached in public as it serves as a public announcement that they're in demand and basically hot. It's an ego boost and while many girls may tell you that they'd shy away from such public displays because of embarrassment deep down they love it.
Original post by EllainKahlo
I don't think I've ever had a 'normal' guy approach me in public, I've had people hitting on me in a very rapey (for lack of a better word) way and it has scared me and made me feel as though I'm going to be attacked. If I had guys approach me in a friendlier way I wouldn't have an issue with it.

Watched this creepy, pervy guy hit on some women as I waited to board a bus. Offering his crisps but was declined, as he walked a few feet away he noticed another woman and started to walk towards her she was freaked out she dropped something he rushed to pick it up she said she can manage. Just watching it was ****ing freaky.
Reply 18
If you're hot they will like it.

If you're ugly they wont.

End of thread /.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Watched this creepy, pervy guy hit on some women as I waited to board a bus. Offering his crisps but was declined, as he walked a few feet away he noticed another woman and started to walk towards her she was freaked out she dropped something he rushed to pick it up she said she can manage. Just watching it was ****ing freaky.

It's guys like this who ruin it for the guys who simply want to make normal conversation. I once sat on the bus in between this woman and this guy, when I sat down she looked relieved and was wondering why. I realised then she'd been sitting by herself with this creepy older guy staring at her and then he tried it on me so I ignored him when he started trying to talk to me like a creep. Eventually his stop came and he didn't look like he wanted to get off but he had to so he said "bye" and the woman just looked at me like she'd dodged a bullet :/

Latest