The Student Room Group

Unliscened cab driver raped student, then demands £50 for fare

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/27/unlicensed-cab-driver-sexually-assaulted-student-before-demanding-50-to-take-her-home-5082935/

Mohamed Iqbal was jailed at Guildford Crown Court (Picture: PA Real Life Features)

Why would any woman get in the back of a cab with somebody after a night out? How gullible and naieve must one be?

Scroll to see replies

Nice victim blaming you've got going on there.
Original post by Catholic_
x

In the source, she said
I just thought he was going to rape me.

He sexually assaulted her, not raped her. Your thread title is a little confused, dear.
(edited 9 years ago)
Why should any woman have to worry constantly about being raped? How about people don't sexually assault and then we wouldn't have this issue. Stop victim blaming.
Reply 4
Original post by thecatwithnohat
In the source, she said

He sexually assaulted her, not raped her. Your thread title is a little confused, dear.

Sexual assult is like rape to me. This guy clearly wouldn't thibk twice about it.
Reply 5
Original post by EllainKahlo
Why should any woman have to worry constantly about being raped? How about people don't sexually assault and then we wouldn't have this issue. Stop victim blaming.

I'm not saying they should :/
Getting in a cab with a random guy outside a club is ridiculous.
Reply 6
Sexual assult is like rape to me. This guy clearly wouldn't thibk twice about it.

Is assault like murder to you?
I'm not saying they should :/
Getting in a cab with a random guy outside a club is ridiculous.

Correct, but the situation isn't about that. She could have gotten into a licensed cab, these things happen in licensed cabs too and it still wouldn't have been her fault. The person doing the attacking is 100% to blame.
Well at least he is in jail now.
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
How do you know what his religious beliefs are?

Read the entire post.
http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/27/unlicensed-cab-driver-sexually-assaulted-student-before-demanding-50-to-take-her-home-5082935/

Why would any woman get in the back of a cab with somebody after a night out? How gullible and naieve must one be?

What are you talking about? She was assaulted by the cab driver, not some random.

Are you saying women shouldn't take taxis?
Reply 11

Women take complete strangers home to have sex with after a night out, isn't that more gullible?
Original post by LordMarmalade
What are you talking about? She was assaulted by the cab driver, not some random.

They certainly shouldn't be taking unlicensed taxis.
Never take unlicensed taxis, no this is not victim-blaming.
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
How do you know what his religious beliefs are?

was he muslim? learn why islam teaches,allows re non believers, and mohammed was a rapist
Reply 15

There's blaming the victim, then suggesting people take reasonable precautions to not become a victim of crime. I lock my front door when I go out - the question of "why should I have to worry constantly about being burgled?" doesn't arise. The simple fact is that I do have to worry about this.

Howling at the moon about why I should or shouldn't have to take precautions, or that people shouldn't commit crimes, will not change a damn thing.
Reply 16
Original post by LordMarmalade

It is foolish to take "unlicensed taxis", which is the point the girl is trying to make.
Original post by L i b
There's blaming the victim, then suggesting people take reasonable precautions to not become a victim of crime. I lock my front door when I go out - the question of "why should I have to worry constantly about being burgled?" doesn't arise. The simple fact is that I do have to worry about this.

Howling at the moon about why I should or shouldn't have to take precautions, or that people shouldn't commit crimes, will not change a damn thing.

I didn't say it would. I said the situation is far bigger than what she didn't do to keep herself safe. The fact is we shouldn't have to worry about this, even if realistically we do.
Reply 18
I didn't say it would. I said the situation is far bigger than what she didn't do to keep herself safe. The fact is we shouldn't have to worry about this, even if realistically we do.

Lovely. We shouldn't. In the realm of unicorns and rainbows, perhaps we wouldn't. You, however, suggested that promoting reasonable precautions was "victim blaming". The net effect of this will be nothing more than to increase the number of sexual assaults that take place.

This girl, who was assaulted, realises that - which is why she is trying to stop other women taking "unlicensed taxis".
So now as well as people claiming "all muslims are terrorists" they have now decided "all muslims are rapists". Nice.

Quick Reply

Latest