The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cake_lover
I'm just happy you said you like South Asians, yayy some love for us! :P

Yeah south Asian have like some of the hottest guys out there.
Reply 61
Isn't warding off 'unsuitable'/ unwanted attention something all attractive women have to go through?

I have a very good female friend who was very unattractive when she was very young.

Experiences like that affect you for the rest of your life.

One of the worst things anyone can do is be unaware of their good fortune.

One day you will become 'invisible' to men.

Of any colour.
Reply 62
But you're just a dude, surely a dude wouldn't have African guys chasing after you, that's unless you're a dudette.:biggrin:
Reply 63
Original post by SophiaLDN
Are you really Somali? Because i'm sceptical. Anyway, why would you come on a predominately white forum to complain about black guys hitting on you? :rolleyes: But whatever.

Are you a girl or a guy? Just say no i'm not interested & keep it moving. Why make a big dance about it, it's not that difficult. It's like you've never been hit on before jheez.

What is it with you and Somalis, you're so over-protective.:rolleyes:
Original post by Justadude14
I guess that's what I have to do. But I have another question which is going to come off lame probably.

What is it?
Lol sorry to but in but I'm pretty sure Somalians are black aswell.. West Africans and Somalian both come from Africa. It's stupid to try and differentiate yourself from the black race.. Bc regardless of you being Somali you are still black.
Reply 66
Anyone who finds this posters thread ignorant, offensive , racist or troll like, report the thread and poster to mods this is the only way mods will take notice. Dont waste time getting into back and forth dialogue with a highly ignorant person.
Original post by Profesh
The absence of a stated 'minimum luminosity value' did seem rather suspect.

I could trust you to pick up on it, Profesh.
Reply 68
Yeah south Asian have like some of the hottest guys out there.

You have good taste in guys I see:biggrin:

dont worry about the comments from these bitter guys.
Original post by Stephaniecamille
Lol sorry to but in but I'm pretty sure Somalians are black aswell.. West Africans and Somalian both come from Africa. It's stupid to try and differentiate yourself from the black race.. Bc regardless of you being Somali you are still black.

Where did I say I wasn't black? I said specifically that I am black... But I don't really care if west Africans were considered white I don't find them attractive normally. That's my preference and not because they are black. I won't ellaborate why because when I do people get more upset but basically it has to do with the facial features.

I specifically said I was black and am attracted to black men but not the ones that don't look like me. This is the same reason it's hard for me to be attracted to white men.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
Anyone who finds this posters thread ignorant, offensive , racist or troll like, report the thread and poster to mods this is the only way mods will take notice. Dont waste time getting into back and forth dialogue with a highly ignorant person.

How am I ignorant? Because I can find attraction in certain men and not in others. Well I could help it I would change it's not like I want to be a virgin at 21 seriously think about it.
Original post by slade p
You have good taste in guys I see:biggrin:

dont worry about the comments from these bitter guys.

Yeah it's just what I'm used to.

I don't get why it bothers anyone when they know nothing about me. Plus if I were west african and said I didn't like guys of somali descent no one would bat an eye.

But yeah I agree south asian guys are really hot and my favorite type of guy. I tend to prefer the darker south asian guys as well I tend to prefer guys with some color to them. It's mor just that though south Asian men they're just much of the time well put together men overall.
Reply 72
How am I ignorant? Because I can find attraction in certain men and not in others. Well I could help it I would change it's not like I want to be a virgin at 21 seriously think about it.

Your ignorance is not about who you are attracted to its because of the fact you continue this ignorant behaviour of portraying black males as a large group of sexual pests instead of judging people individually. For this I encourage all to report your thread.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
Your ignorance is not about who you are attracted to its because of the fact you continue this ignorant behaviour of portraying black males as a large group of sexual pests instead of judging people individually. For this I encourage all to report your thread.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said that. I specifically said I like black men just a specific type and the type of guys I actually don't find attractive always seem to be interested in me oddly enough.

I said the guys I was attracting i didn't like personally. And that I didn't like know how to manage it at work and the like because it causes a lot of drama.

you are saying those ignorant things about black men. I'm not... I never have.
(edited 9 years ago)
do you possess these qualities
Since you're attracted to a non-English guy,language shouldn't be an issue here as long as you're onto him. Just think of it as in the world war time,where French people fallen in love to the english ones.Despite both didn't understand each other, but trust me there's lots more out there living together. True love!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Queen,Daenerys
If you are proud about your ethnic background, you have pride! it's common sense.. I didn't say anything that should cause offence so I don't understand why you're itching yourself about it :wink:

Dude, do you even know what shib iska deh is!?
I'm not offended at all.
Do you even Somali?:tongue:
Original post by Yawn11
If you're Somali I can assure you that you don't need help attracting less black guys

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ouch.Just ouch.Insult of the day.
here are like 10% black people so this really shouldn't be a problem. I get a lot of black Guys that always find me attractive. And this is why I'm weary because it's like the same episode over and over. The thing is I really am not attracted to black men. Like there's nothing there. I am of somali/gulf descent. I tend to prefer guys of other races like I like white guys when they look perfect. But I tend to like guys of North african middle eastern sometimes Southern European south asian etc descent. Theoretically I am attracted to black guys of my own background but the only guys I have known of a similar ethnic background arent my type because they're too old. At work I saw this guy I think is ethiopian that I actually like. I think that's actually mutual. But he doesn't speak English. Well not a lot at least. We talked once while waiting for the bus he was really nice even offered his jacket and always smiles and says hello. We don't work together just in the same building. We have lots of Ethiopians here. But none of them really speak English well enough to conversate plus most of them look like typical west Africans. I can't tell until they start talking usually. But the particular Ethiopian guy I like doesn't look west african though. The thing is that like I have always had west african guys that seemed to fancy me. It's like the wrong attention. Because I am so not attracted to them. At work I have 3 black guys that like me it seems this way with pretty much most of the black guys I've encountered and like I've always noticed other guys just seem to act less open about that which I appreciate. There's almost like this understanding from other black men as if because I'm black that there's a sense of viability. I just want to know what I can do to lessen this? So it's understood im not possibly available simply because my skin is brown.

Every man over a certain age can agree : Girls nowadays are outright crippled by basic social interaction with people they don’t already know and things only get worse if the man who’s talking to her should, god forbid, obviously try hitting on her and if he's an unattractive west African black man. To you that’s an outright emergency.

Women Don’t Understand What It Takes to Meet Women

For most of the past 1000 years - Men and women met in pretty much one of two ways: they were introduced to one another by someone they knew in common or for the last several generations the man had to muster the courage and skill to talk to her in public.

That process is harder than it looks. Have you ever had the joy of seeing a woman try to pick up a man cold with something besides her looks ? If so, you already know that women have zero skill at creating anything but the most pedestrian of conversations, and even less at sustaining them long enough to get a viable number.

But, while men are across the-board better at it than women, not all of us are created equal. Some men are better than others at talking to women. Just like being dumb in school has turned into a “disorder” , bad game has suddenly turned into a crime. So you probably look at these black men tossing weak lines to you and you have "As if" look on your face.

I've met woman like you, lots of times, women who are so sheltered and fragile that having to deal with men being interested in her or giving you sloppy (and often undeserved) compliments - if they’re not handsome enough - is a cause for panic. In fact, it’s even more than that. It’s an outright crime that requires a a national campaign to stop these black brutes from harassing you. Right ?

Many years ago in Ghana, my father met my mother by talking to her. He stopped her on the street with a silly remark and, as she reflexively tried to walk away from him, he followed next to her and kept talking. Two weeks later, they went on their first date. Eighteen months later, they were married. There are millions of stories like this, but soon this time honoured way of meeting a complete stranger will be illegal. Why ? Because today’s socially awkward and terrified woman can’t countenance a social interaction that hasn’t somehow been funneled and vetted through the precious iPhone glued to her hand.

I do think that anyone who bashes his or her own race and always dates outside of it does have serious race issues. And dating only within one race that is not your own is a red flag too unless you grew up among that race and it is what you are used to.

On the other hand, dating only within your race probably does not mean much at least not in Britain where it is very common and society is set up to make it easier than not for most people.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Al-farhan
Dude, do you even know what shib iska deh is!?
I'm not offended at all.
Do you even Somali?:tongue:

Yes it means 'just be quiet' but why would you tell me that when what I said made perfectly sense :confused: and yes I am Somali

Latest

Trending

Trending