The Student Room Group

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
oh no he diiiii'n't!

seriously bro don't joke about those kind of things...

only half joking if i'm honest.
Be 3 PQE, might go to work in Paris for a bit or split work between the 2 offices if I'm in certain areas.

Might have a gf, could have a fiancée or even wife I suppose, but not a massive priority.

I might buy somewhere if I'm in London full time, if I'm in Paris I'll stash the relocation bonus for a deposit.
In a stable career (no idea where), married and a homeowner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sadly
I hope I graduate with a masters in English Language and Linguistics and that I will move from the UK (after some expedience of course), across the world, to teach other children and provide education that they normally couldn't get.

I want to buy my parents a house in Saudi Arabia or Dubai, somewhere in the middle east where it's nice, hot and hospitable. Lastly, I see myself newly married with a guy my mother liking him a lot and probably has chosen him for me (I would want it that way, I don't believe in falling in love for real, it always ends in heartbreak).

but that's me being positive and imagining my dream life. Realistically, I see myself 6 feet under.

But surely if your mother picked him out for you for you there's more chance of it ending badly? Because she picked him, not you?
Original post by damoni
only half joking if i'm honest.

please see a GP then bro :frown:
Hopefully in Cambridge
Original post by gagafacea1
Hopefully in Cambridge

MIT?
I'd ideally like to be married, possibly with a baby or maybe in further education :smile:
Forever alone and in Yorkshire, either in teacher training or working.
(edited 9 years ago)
In a mirror #rekt :cool: :laugh:

JK, I don't know, hopefully somewhere forward in my transition, graduated from university with a BSc Psychology degree, and hopefully helping others with problems, travelling, charity work, and working free-time in theatre. :fleurdelis: :smile: And also having a SO would be nice too. :h:
An F2 doctor, working in Exeter, and with an attractive girlfriend. Plus, I'll be playing Nintendo's new console, hopefully a new Zelda game.
Dead maybe? idk
Original post by naxiv
You'll probably be on TSR with aimless hope looking at kids posts sitting at home 24/7

Cool, good to know.

Thanks for the info.
Original post by perspiracious
MIT?

I used to think about that, but I don't think I'd get in. Or did you think that I meant Cambridge as in the place where MIT is?
I used to think about that, but I don't think I'd get in.

MIT is in Cambridge. :tongue:
MIT is in Cambridge. :tongue:

No I meant UK cambridge
No I meant UK cambridge

What subject?
What subject?

Maths tripos with first year Physics. I might change to natural sciences the second year. My goal is to do Theoretical Physics. What about you?
This is such a difficult question.

I'd hope I'd be married, or at least planning and close to a wedding with my current partner. I'd also hope that we'd have a house together and both of us be settled in science careers. I still plan to be childless by that point too, but that should come within a year or two after.

Nothing particularly fun or exciting though. Would like to have started working through my bucket list by then too.
Maths tripos with first year Physics. I might change to natural sciences the second year. My goal is to do Theoretical Physics. What about you?

Biological sciences.

Don't you need STEP to do mathematics at Cambridge? If you plan on studying Theoretical Physics, wouldn't it be easier to take a physical sciences route via Natural Sciences or would you prefer your degree to have a strong mathematical component?

Quick Reply

Latest