The Student Room Group

Are most paedophiles essentially just bad with (adult) women?

Or basically they are to coin a dreadful americanism.. 'losers', you know they basically tend to be middle aged upwards guys without any prospect of career/social advancement (cos as everyone knows birds prefer rich men to dump their muck inside of em) and so they are by default just latching on to the nearest realistic prospect of any sort of flesh. Based on what I've read most fence foals previously had relationships with women; very few appear to reject post pubescents wholesale.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ShariahProject
Or basically they are to coin a dreadful americanism.. 'losers', you know they basically tend to be middle aged upwards guys without any prospect of career/social advancement (cos as everyone knows birds prefer rich men to dump their muck inside of em) and so they are by default just latching on to the nearest realistic prospect of any sort of flesh. Based on what I've read most fence foals previously had relationships with women; very few appear to reject post pubescents wholesale.

The definition of the term is someone who is attracted to children.
So, I would say no.
Reply 2
In my opinion, it's just another sexual orientation, but one that actually harms the other person (same as zoophilia.) Hence the reason that it's banned. So no, it isn't because they can't deal with women that they turn to children.
I do not think so. Whilst the high profile paedophiles are not representative, most if not all of them would have been able to have relationships with women their age.
When you say paedophile, do you mean an actual peado (attraction to prepubescent children) or what the media likes to consider a peado (an ephebophile or the one before)?

The first i would say is down to something wrong in the brain, a mental illness if you will. The second, i would say is partly down to nature (men are attracted to womanly features) and the sexualisation of children. Younger and younger girls are dressing like sluts and caking on make-up to make them look older. It sickens me that anyone would let their young daughter dress in a way that makes them attractive to men.
They're just screwed up human beings. I don't think it's possible to understand them
it is one of evolution's mysteries...

this may shed some light ?

http://rense.com/general67/left.htm
Original post by miniteen
In my opinion, it's just another sexual orientation, but one that actually harms the other person (same as zoophilia.) Hence the reason that it's banned. So no, it isn't because they can't deal with women that they turn to children.

How does zoophilia harm another person? ;p

But yeah I agree it's definitely not something which is like a last resort...you can't just make yourself attracted to people. It's generally the 40 something single guys with no social skills who act on it though I reckon. They have less to lose I guess? It makes me wonder whether some paedophiles consciously or subconsciously disconnect themselves from society because they know that they carry a secret that, if everyone knew about it, would cause them to be hated by everyone. The more disconnected they are from society, the more dangerous they are, imo.
No, they are not necessarily unsuccessful in life. The number of peadophiles who do not act upon their fantasies is very hard to determine, but it's supposed to be larger than the anticipated 5% of the general population. For peadophiles who do act upon their fantasies, they are generally fathers, step-fathers, uncles, or brothers, friends of the family. Being fathers and step-fathers, sexual success is assumed and for the other categories there is no reason to suggest that they are unsuccessful in their social relationships or social standing.

The only group which is generally more composed of losers is that which acts upon fantasies and kills. These are obviously more widely reported in the news. Traditionally, killers in general are rather less sophisticated than Hannibal Lecter, and have low IQs, poor social skills, limited job prospects. There are a few exceptions to this, but generally it is the case.
No. Unfortunately some live doubles lives, and are married or in a relationship so they don't have issues attracting adult women, they're just secretly attracted to children also.
Original post by ShariahProject

No, they are genuinely attracted to small children in a sexual way. Otherwise how can you explain pedophile activity with babies. To most normal people babies are cute things with lots of poo and puke that you hug but it is unimaginable to have a sexual view of them. The pedophile does things that I wouldn't describe on here.

I cannot conceive of this being a replacement for a normal adult relationship or adult sexual activity. It's way too off the scale.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Well, many pedophiles abuse the children of women they have got into relationships with.

So they are obviously able to have a relationship and have the choice of sex with their consenting partner instead of abusing a child...
Surely it is likely that paedophilia is not a unitary disorder or sexuality but rather an expression of a lot of underlying things. For some it is a genuine sexual orientation. For others it's just about power. For still others it might be partly due to loneliness.
Paedophilia is a mental disorder, so... no?

Quick Reply

Latest