The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Msc Strategic Marketing Interview questions

Hi,

I have seen that a few people have posted what questions they were asked during their interview for Msc Strategic Marketing at Imperial.

However, I would like to ask anyone else who has had an interview but had not posted the questions they were asked on TSR... I would like to ask what questions were you asked and what advice and tips do you have regarding the interview?

I just want to have an idea of more possible questions that could be asked in addition to the ones that people already said on TSR that they were asked

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Anyone?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by midnight999
Anyone?

Also was anyone interviewed by Marialena by any chance?
Reply 3
Hi, Did you already have an interview?
Original post by george_12
Hi, Did you already have an interview?

Hi, Yes I had my interview last Thursday but I still have not heard back from Imperial.

What about you?
Reply 5
Please can you share the questions you were asked?
Original post by cspilly
Please can you share the questions you were asked?

The questions I was asked were

1 What is your background and why would you like to study an Msc in Strategic Marketing at Imperial?

2 What is your favourite brand and why?

3 Compare the marketing strategies of Coke and Pepsi

4 What do you think is the future of marketing? (or where do you see the future of marketing... I cant remember what she exactly asked but it was something along these lines)

5 Have you applied to any other universities?

6 Do you think wearable devices (as in Google Glass and Apple iWatch) will have a big impact in the future?( again I cant remember what she exactly asked but it was something along these lines)

7 Are you comfortable working in a team with international students from around the world?

8 Are you planning to work back in Singapore after you graduate from your masters?

And then the interviewer asked me if I had any questions that I would like to ask her

I can't remember what order the questions were asked in and I may have been asked more questions but I can't remember at the moment what they were. If I can remember being asked any more questions and what those questions were I will post them on TSR
Was your Favourite brand Coke or Pepsi?
Original post by angelranai
Was your Favourite brand Coke or Pepsi?

Well, when answering this question I mentioned a bit about Coke's marketing strategies specifically about how it has been seen as symbol of peace, equality and harmony and it has been associated with a 1960's song 'I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony'. I did not mention anything about Pepsi because to be honest I'm not too familiar with its marketing strategies and campaigns.

It was a bit concerning when answering this question as I am generally not so familiar with the two brands marketing strategies.

What about you? Were you asked this question? Have you already got an offer?
Thanks for replying :smile:
My interview is next week. so just getting an idea what kind of questions were asked. Who interviewed you? if you don't mind me asking.
Thanks for replying :smile:
My interview is next week. so just getting an idea what kind of questions were asked. Who interviewed you? if you don't mind me asking.

I was interviewed by Marialena Zinopoulou.

Who is going to interview you?
Lucy-Gill Simmen. Do you have any idea how many people got the invitation for the interview?
I'm not fully surehow many people got the invitation for interview but i know that in the past few years quite a number of people did get the invitation for interview since I have looked at a number of people's TSR posts where they mention the kind of questions they were asked
Reply 13
Thanks for sharing your questions. I had my interview this morning and I was asked very similar questions to you, except I was asked to compare the marketing strategies of Apple and Samsung.

For those with interviews, I would recommend doing some research on the person who is interviewing to see what their speciality is and what their research and interests are. You can tailor your answer in a way that incorporates their interests.

I was also told I would find out if I will be offered a place in the next few days.
Hi! Gosh how comes I couldn't find this threat before. I am about to be interviewed soon next week, by Lucy as well. Haven't got any ideas about how I will survive it. But this would help a lot. Thanks midnight999 for the sharing :biggrin:.
Original post by cspilly
Thanks for sharing your questions. I had my interview this morning and I was asked very similar questions to you, except I was asked to compare the marketing strategies of Apple and Samsung.

For those with interviews, I would recommend doing some research on the person who is interviewing to see what their speciality is and what their research and interests are. You can tailor your answer in a way that incorporates their interests.

I was also told I would find out if I will be offered a place in the next few days.

Were you also interviewed by Marialena Zinopoulou by any chance?

She was my interviewer

I was also told that I would find out if I will be offered a place in the next few days (well they said something along the lines of they would let me know by next week) but I still haven't heard back from them and my interview was on Wednesday 4th March
Hi, So my interview is on Monday and i was wondering if anyone has any final tips?? Getting really nervous now.
Reply 17
Hi, So my interview is on Monday and i was wondering if anyone has any final tips?? Getting really nervous now.

There is nothing to be nervous about. Take all the advice that's already on this thread and be yourself.
Reply 18
Original post by midnight999
Were you also interviewed by Marialena Zinopoulou by any chance?

She was my interviewer

I was also told that I would find out if I will be offered a place in the next few days (well they said something along the lines of they would let me know by next week) but I still haven't heard back from them and my interview was on Wednesday 4th March

Yes she was my interviewer. Have you heard back now? You should contact the admissions department if not.
Original post by thesparkle
Hi! Gosh how comes I couldn't find this threat before. I am about to be interviewed soon next week, by Lucy as well. Haven't got any ideas about how I will survive it. But this would help a lot. Thanks midnight999 for the sharing :biggrin:.

How was the interview with Lucy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending