The Student Room Group

Does Chemistry and Physics Isa's count towards the A*, or is it just unit 4 & 5?

Hi,
I have a burning question, does the ISA count towards the A* , or is getting 90% in unit 4 and 5 of Chemistry and Physics enough?
Say if you get 89% in the ISA, and 95% and 93% in unit 4 & 5 is that the requirements for an A* or is it averaging in all modules above 90% of 4,5 and 6 (ISA)?

Any help would be most appreciated!
Original post by Profexor
Hi,
I have a burning question, does the ISA count towards the A* , or is getting 90% in unit 4 and 5 of Chemistry and Physics enough?
Say if you get 89% in the ISA, and 95% and 93% in unit 4 & 5 is that the requirements for an A* or is it averaging in all modules above 90% of 4,5 and 6 (ISA)?

Any help would be most appreciated!

You need to average 90% over the full A2, including the A2 ISA (and 80% over the full A-Level).
Reply 2
Hi,

As the 3 Chemistry units are of such different sizes I find it less confusing to think in UMS rather than %. You need (at least 480/600UMS overall and) at least 270/300 UMS from the 3 A2 units. How that 270 is spread across the units does not matter.
Reply 3
Original post by Compost
As the 3 Chemistry units are of such different sizes I find it less confusing to think in UMS rather than %. You need (at least 480/600UMS overall and) at least 270/300 UMS from the 3 A2 units. How that 270 is spread across the units does not matter.

Thank you, so you can get 270 ums which is an average above 90% for an A* ?
Reply 4
Thank you, so you can get 270 ums which is an average above 90% for an A* ?

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest