The Student Room Group

How to get an A* in GCSE AQA Biology

I got a B in the mock :frown:
Revise revise revise. From what I remember (I do AQA biology A level and did GCSE) a lot of the questions are how science works and expect you to apply your knowledge. It often helped me just to read questions then the mark schemes for them. That way, I would know what kind of things the examiners want to hear.
Also, if you're ever stuck try drawing a little mind map of everything you know relating to that and how it might link to the questions. That is if you have time obviously!
Revision cards helped me so much, I would write questions on one side and then answers/ diagrams on the other side. Going through these lots of times helped reinforce the information in my memory. I'd definitely say, if you haven't already, start making these now (if you want to use this revision technique) as they can take time but in my opinion they are worth it. If you don't think you have enough time perhaps only put the most complex or parts you find trickiest to remember, on these cards. I also drew diagrams of processes like the carbon cycle, and other parts of the course which I found hard to remember, because i'm quite a visual learner. Past paper questions are also useful as they help you learn the way examiners mark, and what points to include in certain topics, as well as pointing out which are the most common topics. I used to test myself a lot to make sure I knew the information, through my own short questions and past exam questions. I really hope this helps, but these aren't the only ways to revise, they're just the ones which I like to use :smile: Good luck for your exam :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending